2023/24 Kevin Thelwell

It’s quite an in depth and balanced article covering not only Thelwell’s role but those under him and what they are doing. Lack of money dominates the narrative . People should read it , although people who’ve already made up their minds about Thelwell won’t change it

No team can fully function without a knowledgeable owner, competent CEO and board, we have none of these , operationally it’s all down to him, and they make that point.
“At the same time, Thelwell, who is effectively running the club’s footballing operation in the absence of a fully functioning board, is also having to put the building blocks in place for what he hopes will be a better future.”

It’s quite an in depth and balanced article covering not only Thelwell’s role but those under him and what they are doing. Lack of money dominates the narrative . People should read it , although people who’ve already made up their minds about Thelwell won’t change it

No team can fully function without a knowledgeable owner, competent CEO and board, we have none of these , operationally it’s all down to him, and they make that point.
“At the same time, Thelwell, who is effectively running the club’s footballing operation in the absence of a fully functioning board, is also having to put the building blocks in place for what he hopes will be a better future.”

Does it explain why he signed 38 year old Ashley Young rather than someone like Ogbene or Barkley who were also free agents?

Yeah i get this still dont want give him to much credit aswell some of it still feels like an excuse. Is why i still think has done ok but he can do better.

Does it explain why he signed 38 year old Ashley Young rather than someone like Ogbene or Barkley who were also free agents?
I presume the hatred to Barkley from a section of the fans as we have seen on this very forum wouldn't have helped plus is he a Dyche player not taking away that's he's having a great season so far 1 wonder were he would have fitted in in Dyche's head

I presume the hatred to Barkley from a section of the fans as we have seen on this very forum wouldn't have helped plus is he a Dyche player not taking away that's he's having a great season so far 1 wonder were he would have fitted in in Dyche's head

I do not like him by any means, haven’t ever forgiven him for the way he left, but I barely like any of our current players and don’t like the manager or owner, so Barkley would’ve been small fry.

I do not like him by any means, haven’t ever forgiven him for the way he left, but I barely like any of our current players and don’t like the manager or owner, so Barkley would’ve been small fry.
I would have liked him back and yes the way he left was a mess but he's a player we dont have and haven't had for years that can pick it up and run forward with it opening space and getting him on a free as you said was a no brainer , you never know they might have enquired and got turned down by the lad himself maybe hes finished with Merseyside.

Because Dyche 100% wanted Ashley Young and definitely insisted on it.

I have no source for this but there's nothing that can dissuade me this isn't the case.

In fact, I predict the exact same thing this summer - there's some absolutely atrocious 33-35+ year olds that are free this summer and we're definitely signing the worst of them AND starting him as much as possible if Dyche is here.

I have no source for this but there's nothing that can dissuade me this isn't the case.

In fact, I predict the exact same thing this summer - there's some absolutely atrocious 33-35+ year olds that are free this summer and we're definitely signing the worst of them AND starting him as much as possible if Dyche is here.

Thelwell should’ve laughed in his face and said “we’re not signing a 38 year old outfield player in the financial position we’re in, get out of my office you ginger no mark”

Thelwell should’ve laughed in his face and said “we’re not signing a 38 year old outfield player in the financial position we’re in, get out of my office you ginger no mark”
He should have but he no doubt caved in and did it anyway.

I have no idea how he's an actual DoF and thought that this is an okay signing btw. A lot of both prem and foreign players were about that could do the same job or better and definitely for less money, yet we went for the predictably British "experienced" player lol

Then he says we have scouts and actually use them too lol

I agree young is 100% a dyche signing no doubt about that