2023/24 Kevin Thelwell

….what an absolutely ridiculous decision to take Mason Holgate from a Championship Club and loan him to a relegation rival. We agree that he’s an inadequate footballer but what club would be so mismanaged to not consider the risk involved.

Holgate clears a ball off the line or scrambles a goal on the last day of the season to send us down is an entirely possible scenario. Holgate has a decent run of form that gets Sheff Utd a number of points that makes a huge difference is another scenario. Holgate making a mistake in a game against Luton or Forest that hands them a win.

A totally unnecessary risk that demonstrates the club is still being woefully mismanaged. Thelwell is part of the regime of gross negligence that needs shifting.

View attachment 244527

I like the inclusion of the photo to add that extra level of drama.

….especially when he’s already off the books and on loan in a different league. I find it ridiculously stupid.

Not sure how long is left on his contract. I can only assume that we’re hoping he gets more game time at Sheffield Utd than he was getting at Southampton to increase the likelihood of finding a buyer in the summer.

But it is risky.

….especially when he’s already off the books and on loan in a different league. I find it ridiculously stupid.

Southampton wanted him gone asap as he was nowhere near good enough for them. One of the worst player they've ever had apparently. I thought he'd end up somewhere like Wigan in League 1.

He won't play for us again, his huge wages are an issue and no club in league 1 will be able to buy him.

Don’t understand what all the fuss is about personally? Shef Utd only become a direct rival if we get another points deduction, which would see us relegated regardless. Luton and Forrest are our rivals currently if we don’t get our points back.

Eggs's theory does say that because any player you loan to any team could also make a mistake benefitting one of your direct rivals.

….agreeing loans at the beginning of a season is different to January (although City would never loan to the Reds). It’s January and we’re in an almighty scrap for our survival yet we take one of our players from a Championship club and loan him to a team we’re scrapping with.

I find it a startlingly stupid decision, one that could have an extremely serious impact on our future. It’s a risk and it’s a totally unecessary risk.