2023/24 Kevin Thelwell

Which is why Branthwaite Garner Onana and McNeil are in the team whilst Keane Allan Gomes Delph Gray Townsend (all the more experienced options) have either been sold, not offered new contracts, or benched.
I have had my mind changed on Dyche's apparent previous leaning toward ageism by the players you mention.
I'm pleased to see it
Think Gana will be a good test of it now too as we've been very good in the two games without him
Onana seems more comfortable when Gana isn't playing and Garner seems undroppable

Will be interesting to see if Dyche continues with them

I don’t think 38 year old Ashley Young and a £26m striker that looks nowhere near the level required are looking like the smartest pieces of business so far to be totally honest. I’ll refrain from joining in the Brands and Walsh-esque love fest for this fella just yet.

I don’t think 38 year old Ashley Young and a £26m striker that looks nowhere near the level required are looking like the smartest pieces of business so far to be totally honest. I’ll refrain from joining in the Brands and Walsh-esque love fest for this fella just yet.
I'd imagine Young was all Dyche.
as for Beto, the jury's out but thanks to DCLs fitness, he has a bit of time.

We're a million miles away from being able to judge Beto yet. Several aspects of his play look good. It's amazing how little of a settling period people are willing to give these days - people wrote off McNeil within a few games and he was arguably our best player second half of last season once he'd settled.

I have had my mind changed on Dyche's apparent previous leaning toward ageism by the players you mention.
I'm pleased to see it
Think Gana will be a good test of it now too as we've been very good in the two games without him
Onana seems more comfortable when Gana isn't playing and Garner seems undroppable

Will be interesting to see if Dyche continues with them
One and a half games,Garner and Onana played n the second half versus Luton when we had no shots or headers on target, Garner was excellent v Bournemouth not sure that Onana was up to the same standard or work rate as James.

Which is why Branthwaite Garner Onana and McNeil are in the team whilst Keane Allan Gomes Delph Gray Townsend (all the more experienced options) have either been sold, not offered new contracts, or benched.

Why are you throwing Allan and Delph in when Dyche has probably never even met them just to fill the list of players out mate.

Why are you throwing Allan and Delph in when Dyche has probably never even met them just to fill the list of players out mate.

My mistake, doesn’t really make a difference though, swap them for Gbamin Godfrey Davies Mina Holgate Coady

The principle is the same. You can’t have a completely binary argument that Dyche will always favour experience when his selections show young players getting game time and more experienced players either on the bench or leaving through the exit door.

Unless you want to give the credit instead to Thelwell for forcing the managers hand through his player trading bringing in younger players but that still doesn’t explain why Dyche is playing Branthwaite when he has Godfrey and Keane on the bench.

My mistake, doesn’t really make a difference though, swap them for Gbamin Godfrey Davies Mina Holgate Coady

The principle is the same. You can’t have a completely binary argument that Dyche will always favour experience when his selections show young players getting game time and more experienced players either on the bench or leaving through the exit door.

Unless you want to give the credit instead to Thelwell for forcing the managers hand through his player trading bringing in younger players but that still doesn’t explain why Dyche is playing Branthwaite when he has Godfrey and Keane on the bench.

Will wait and see what happens to Branthwaite when he makes his first mistake of the season.

I think Patterson should be playing ahead of the geriatric Young who shouldn’t even be at the club.

Will wait and see what happens to Branthwaite when he makes his first mistake of the season.

I think Patterson should be playing ahead of the geriatric Young who shouldn’t even be at the club.

I’d like Patterson ahead of Young as well but it’s a bit harsh saying he shouldn’t even be at the club when we only had three full backs, two of which have had long term injury problems (Coleman still does), and Mykolenko isn’t adverse to an injury either.

Finding a player for free who would actually want to come here who can cover left back and right back and slot in straight away is probably not the easiest thing in the world. I had hoped he would play less but Mykolenko’s injury and Patterson’s form has meant we are where we are.

Says a lot about Godfrey and Holgate before him that Dyche would rather have any of geriatric Young and Coleman, or inconsistent Patterson at full back ahead of two lads who have played there regularly and fancied themselves for England internationals at one point. I was hoping Dyche could rehabilitate Godfrey at least but there doesn’t seem to be any signs of that whereas players like Branthwaite McNeil Garner Onana are all improving.