2022/23 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally disagree about getring rid of him.

With a bit of money last season we'd have bad Kudus, Mudryk, Gakpo and a couple of decent centre forwards.

The names that were linked last summer have now had big moves and/or their values increase.

Also, Onana, Tarkowski, McNeil, Garner have all been good signings...the only dodgy ones being Maupay for £12mil, Gana for £2mil and Vinagre loan.

I'd like to see what Thelwell can do this summer.

Agree to some extent.

But January was a farce. Especially with some of the names and desperation.

remember when sarr scored a few goals past them as well but look at him, he's still at watford playing in the championship althought he has had 17 goal contributions this season in the championship which i guess is decent

Sarr would be ok for a low prem team at the right price, but that price was not the 30 mill he was being banded about for a couple of seasons ago.

Agree to some extent.

Weirdly if Danjuma had joined and Calvert Lewin not stayed injured for almost the whole season it probably wouldn’t have been that bad and might have been a decent plan given the FFP constraints.

Levy absolutely screwed us though turning Danjuma’s head when he already had Richarlison Moura and Gil warming the bench every week. Complete stupidity by Danjuma and Levy once again with his odd obsession for screwing Everton in transfer windows.

Ultimately, now that the dust has settled, I actually think he's done alright yeno.

He's only really dropped the ball with Maupay & Vinagre. Everyone else he's brought in has contributed this season.

I still rue the Kudus & Danjuma situations. One of those through the door at least and we probably wouldn't have been in as much trouble.

Agree to some extent.

It's wasn't a farce, January was spot on, the fact we stayed up means we had enough to stay up, and we resisted to urge to add deadwood for the sake of spending.
Adding another Tosun wasn't going to help long term.
Kev has been good, spent less then previous DOFs and its been beneficial to us

Totally disagree about getring rid of him.

With a bit of money last season we'd have bad Kudus, Mudryk, Gakpo and a couple of decent centre forwards.

The names that were linked last summer have now had big moves and/or their values increase.

Also, Onana, Tarkowski, McNeil, Garner have all been good signings...the only dodgy ones being Maupay for £12mil, Gana for £2mil and Vinagre loan.

I'd like to see what Thelwell can do this summer.

Would you still be disagreeing if we had got relegated because this bellend couldn't get a striker through the door.

Here's some words to explain the role he's overseen

GROSS NEGLIGENCE

He could sign Messi for all I care, the only reason we are still up is due to sheer luck.

3 strikers - 4 goals

My mum would be a better DoF than him.

Weirdly if Danjuma had joined and Calvert Lewin not stayed injured for almost the whole season it probably wouldn’t have been that bad and might have been a decent plan given the FFP constraints.

Levy absolutely screwed us though turning Danjuma’s head when he already had Richarlison Moura and Gil warming the bench every week. Complete stupidity by Danjuma and Levy once again with his odd obsession for screwing Everton in transfer windows.

Bit of both. We didn't get the paper work off them in time and sacked Lampard as it was going on which pushed him away.

Club's rudderless direction and scattergun approach in January was spectacular - I mean we were almost gave Watfords Sarr a stupid amount of money and bonuses to sign.

It's wasn't a farce, January was spot on, the fact we stayed up means we had enough to stay up, and we resisted to urge to add deadwood for the sake of spending.

Apologies if I don't agree that Kopite Kev and Dyche had the plan to say we had enough to take it to the last 90mins of the season to stay up.

We approached a lot of player in January and got turned away.

We were 1 forward away from being comfortably out the relegation scrap before March IMO.

Bit of both. We didn't get the paper work off them in time and sacked Lampard as it was going on which pushed him away.

Club's rudderless direction and scattergun approach in January was spectacular - I mean we were almost gave Watfords Sarr a stupid amount of money and bonuses to sign.

I don’t know if it was Dyche or Thelwell that said no to some of those deals or if it was incompetence that meant some didn’t happen but either way it was a good outcome not wasting 30 mill and wages on utter tosh.

Apologies if I don't agree that Kopite Kev and Dyche felt that we had enough to take it to the last 90mins of the season to stay up.

We approached a lot of player in January and got turned away.
Exactly, you say yourself we approached a lot of players, he did his job, if those players don't want to know that's on them, he did his job and the result kept us up

I don’t know if it was Dyche or Thelwell that said no to some of those deals or if it was incompetence that meant some didn’t happen but either way it was a good outcome not wasting 30 mill and wages on utter tosh.

From what I heard from Bobble etc was that everyone knew we were desperate to put their fees and prices up. And we still went in.

Sarr was going to get a £4mill bonus payment if we'd stayed up as well as forking out £30mill obligation to buy to Watford on top of a £2mill loan fee.

When you hear those things...it puts doubt in your mind

January was spot on read that back to your self and remember we were on the bones of our arse in a nightmare of a relagation fight and we had Micheal Keane up front against wolves . FFS were Everton one of the biggest clubs in the country never forget that

Status
Not open for further replies.