Kevin Thelwell - New Director of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering that we’ve had our hands tied due to P&S rules, the difference between Thelwell and Brands is night and day. We’re actually making signings that fix deficiencies, have the right mental strength and take us forward. It’s also being done with the minimum of fuss and without last minute panic. I do like this new look Everton. Just a striker now!

Team that started opening day last season:

GK: Pickford
RB: Coleman
LB: Digne
CB: Holgate
CB: Keane
CM: Allan
CM: Doucoure
RW: Townsend
LW: Gray
ST: DCL
ST: Richarlison

We have an improvement at RB (Patterson), CB (Coady & Tarkowski), CM (Onana), RW (McNeil) with downgrades at Digne and Richarlison.

However, Mykolenko will become a good player I’m sure, plus our backup LB is better than it was too (previously, anyone who was fit!).

There is overall a better balance within the squad too, which gives me great encouragement for the future. Well done Kev

Coady, VInagre, and Tarkowski very sensible deals.

McNeil I'm unsure about but we should get most of our money back on a sale if he doesn't make the cut.

Onana is exciting. We'll be paying it off like a mortgage but I'm very excited.

Get us a decent striker and it's top marks.
Terrier playing left wing will be nice. A lack of goals from our wide players.

Considering that we’ve had our hands tied due to P&S rules, the difference between Thelwell and Brands is night and day. We’re actually making signings that fix deficiencies, have the right mental strength and take us forward. It’s also being done with the minimum of fuss and without last minute panic. I do like this new look Everton. Just a striker now!
Nicely put. I completely agree.

I thought we were doomed this season, but our movements in the transfer market have at least made us competitive. I didn’t expect to feel as positive as I do at this stage, especially after a trio of long term injuries.

Thelwell just seems to be getting on with things quietly. It’s a big contrast to Brands who had more than an heir of a shiny salesman about him.

Not wishing to defend Brands or take any credit from KT, but, most people considered Brands first window to be stellar work.

The proof rests very much in the pudding.

I said most, there is no need for everybody to tell me how much they hated Brands from day 1.

Not wishing to defend Brands or take any credit from KT, but, most people considered Brands first window to be stellar work.

The proof rests very much in the pudding.

I said most, there is no need for everybody to tell me how much they hated Brands from day 1.
Brands first window did not have an FFP boot up his backside...

Status
Not open for further replies.