Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kev is way down the list in our pantheon of great Premier League era #11s:

mark-pembridge-3.jpg

james-mcfadden-image-3-505607415.jpg

and of course...

&MaxW=640&MaxH=427&AR-141009075.jpg

Its depressing to see one out better players want to leave but the writing has been on the wall for over a year now. Just sell him and try to use the money well.

Last edited:

On his day hes a cracking player. But hes very temperamental...one minute saying hes staying, the next casting doubt on it. The arsing with the penalty didn't help stabilise thoughts of him being a loose cannon either. Pity as he can be superb.

I kinda like Kev. He IS a good player, when it suits him. When he gets a goal (usually a cracker) he tends to 'put his cue on the rack'. It's like he has done his bit and can relax. He needs a rocket now and then.

It must be tough for a manager to give all of his squad equal TLC. I think Kev needs more than most and isn't getting it.

I don't blame him for wanting out tbh. Hes our best attacking forward and has been a bit part player since the penalty scenario.

I find it strange since then we have had naismith and Barkley on the wing and the only conclusion is him and Martinez have fallen out. That or Martinez thinks we don't need him. For me he's our best winger and should be starting as many games as possible fitness willing. Losing him will be a big loss imo and sends the wrong message to the players.

I don't blame him for wanting out tbh. Hes our best attacking forward and has been a bit part player since the penalty scenario.

I find it strange since then we have had naismith and Barkley on the wing and the only conclusion is him and Martinez have fallen out. That or Martinez thinks we don't need him. For me he's our best winger and should be starting as many games as possible fitness willing. Losing him will be a big loss imo and sends the wrong message to the players.
Kev started the two games immediately following the penalty incident and even said in an interview that Martinez had backed him about it so doubt it was directly tied to that.

However when Kev got his dead leg, Lennon started to get integrated into the team and was performing well. From early March onwards he started every game he was eligible for with either Mirallas/Osman on the other wing. If he was fit enough to play in those games doubt Kev was happy being second choice behind Lennon or when they both played being subbed before him.

There are younger men running large companies who make less a year than him...he could also just grow up, that'd be nice.

Agreed, but footballers are there because they are good at football. Intelligence and maturity are not essential prerequisites.

Many years ago I met a man who was the uncle of a famous Scouse footballer who played for a London club in the centre of the defence (and garnered several England caps). He said to me "Our ***** should kneel down by his bed every night and thank God for football. He's a lovely lad, but he's as thick as two short planks".

I would hate to be a football manager having to juggle over a dozen nitwits.:D

Kev started the two games immediately following the penalty incident and even said in an interview that Martinez had backed him about it so doubt it was directly tied to that.

However when Kev got his dead leg, Lennon started to get integrated into the team and was performing well. From early March onwards he started every game he was eligible for with either Mirallas/Osman on the other wing. If he was fit enough to play in those games doubt Kev was happy being second choice behind Lennon or when they both played being subbed before him.
That does appear to have been the turning point in his season though. Lennon playing shouldn't be stopping mirallas playing too. Anyone looking at our squad, a large chunk I'd guess would have started them both on either wing.

It does seem like there's something else going on in the background. His comments just back up what distin was saying and I don't really agree with what Martinez has done with either of them. It's all well and good if you're managing a club with massive funds and a huge squad but we need everyone playing as well as they can and pulling in the same direction. Martinez, hasn't got the best put of the players at his disposal this season, that is what he's here to do.

Distin leaving in the way he did, and that utter disgrace alcaraz getting so many games, and now kev thinking of leaving it just doesn't seem that everything is right behind closed doors. Losing mirallas would be a massive blow imo, he's a player who other teams don't like to play against.

Status
Not open for further replies.