Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is it's hard to tell when he's being benched for fitness reasons, and benched for tactical ones. There have been many times this season where he's been back from injury for a while and just had a serious of cameos, or the odd start, looked fit, but then been benched again.

I'll give Bobby the benefit of the doubt but we've seen many times this season that he's chosen to only go with 1 of 2, 3 or 4 winger options at a time.
Apart from a period after the infamous penalty incident, and even then it was suggested that Kev had felt his hamstring whoch lead to his half time substitution which games are you meaning? Perhaps I'm missing something but most of the gradual reintroductions seem explained by the injuries I referenced.

Apart from a period after the infamous penalty incident, and even then it was suggested that Kev had felt his hamstring whoch lead to his half time substitution which games are you meaning? Perhaps I'm missing something but most of the gradual reintroductions seem explained by the injuries I referenced.

What I mean is that it's wholly possible he hasn't missed a minute because of any non-injury related reason, but it's also possible he's been tactically benched at times too. It's far too speculative as we just don't have the insight.

I mean, you can barely trust anything Martinez says in interviews anyway. I think it's just been a problem this season as Martinez has too often put Barkley or Naismith out wide when perhaps he had another winger to play there, so forgive me for not ruling out the possibility that Martinez might, at some points, have chosen to not play Kev when he could have.

What I mean is that it's wholly possible he hasn't missed a minute because of any non-injury related reason, but it's also possible he's been tactically benched at times too. It's far too speculative as we just don't have the insight.

I mean, you can barely trust anything Martinez says in interviews anyway. I think it's just been a problem this season as Martinez has too often put Barkley or Naismith out wide when perhaps he had another winger to play there, so forgive me for not ruling out the possibility that Martinez might, at some points, have chosen to not play Kev when he could have.
Agree he has probably benched a few times for tactical reasons and tbh find Martinez's use of wingers this season bizarre - especially ones who don't seem to have the same historical fitness issues like Atsu and McGeady.

Just think that in Kev's case he might not have been able to play all the times that people suggest he should have, as you say it is all speculation!

Been spouting off in the Belgian media again:

"I had proposals from other clubs but at the moment I feel good to Everton.

My relationship with the coach is complicated. Must be a big discussion"

Complicated relationship?

martinez falling out with nearly everyone at one point it seems.

It'll probably be solved, i hope.

Hmm, still thinking then of one of the proposals from other clubs? Discussion, give me another 20k per week.

Full Interview here
http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/dmf20150529_01704570
Google translated version -

Kevin Mirallas from Everton has a difficult season behind him. In the first round he was hampered by the aftermath of the World Cup in Brazil and a hamstring injury in the second round he was tough mentally because the club wanted to give him a transfer in January. "It was difficult for me, especially in the head," said Mirallas after training on Friday at the Red Devils.

It was during the winter mercato, however a lot of interest for the 27-year-old Mirallas. "Among more Borussia Dortmund and Atletico Madrid were interested, but Everton obliged me to stay at the club. I understood that something be, because our young group performed below expectations. So I had to stay, but in the second round I was suddenly less on the games. There are promises broken and yet it makes for a somewhat awkward relationship with the coach. Soon I have a conversation with him, "said Mirallas, who still does not know where his future lies.

"I have beautiful 2.5 years behind Everton and lie there until the middle of next year under contract. I have experienced many great moments and for that I must thank the club. So I know not whether I will leave, it is a decision I have to make in consultation with my family. I also came at an age when I have to make a final decision in view of the future. "

Nevertheless Mirallas came on the flanks of The Toffees this season still to eleven goals and three assists. The Red Devils is been a while since he could be another decisive. "I have too many matches because of injuries to miss. I'm glad I'm back at it, because it's not fun to have to follow the matches of the national team on television. "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.