Katia Kouyate

Status
Not open for further replies.
…..different world now, Joey. 60s & 70s young local lads had a football at their feet from dawn till dusk. We honed skills, competitiveness and toughness playing footy in the streets, we learned to control the ball playing on the ‘ollers‘, we were cut to bits falling on broken bricks and glass.

These days you rarely see lads playing in the street or even in the parks. Very little schools footy. Kids get picked up to play in Academy’s at 8 years of age, everybody else stays in & plays on computers.

The vast pool of local talent simply isn’t there. It’s no coincidence that the league is full of lads from Continents were life is tough, where kids play street footy and become skilled by playing the game with their mates.
My daughter is a child physio when she qualified she was at Alder Hey .The head of her department was the physio for the young kids at Everton and he told her that , football teams dont pick just for football ability .They pick for physical ability not football skills because you can teach skills but you cant make them naturally athletic. ps she also told me there was this kid called Barc something who was going to be the next big thing so i dont know what happened to him.

Yes but we still sign poorer players on filmstrip wages- our youth set up needs more use imo ..

….you can only play them if they are good enough & very few are good enough. You can’t play youngsters just to give them a chance. Very few we release come back to top level clubs.

We rarely get to the latter stages of the FA Youth Cup these days, it’s a sign that our youngsters aren’t top drawer, it’s not a sign that we should be putting more of them in the first team. I still believe that if they are good enough they’ll come through at Everton.

….you can only play them if they are good enough & very few are good enough. You can’t play youngsters just to give them a chance. Very few we release come back to top level clubs.

We rarely get to the latter stages of the FA Youth Cup these days, it’s a sign that our youngsters aren’t top drawer, it’s not a sign that we should be putting more of them in the first team. I still believe that if they are good enough they’ll come through at Everton.
Like Fulham's left back? He was a USA international sold for peanuts to Wigan ..... then starred for Fulham last season .....

Like Fulham's left back? He was a USA international sold for peanuts to Wigan ..... then starred for Fulham last season .....

…he’d definitely be one who slipped through. I remember posting at the time it could be a mistake, especially as Baines was starting to look fragile. To be fair, Robinson had a few serious injuries at crucial times but I think he is a rare case of one who got away.

The odd exception doesn’t make the rule. Decisions have to be made on these youngsters. I’m still of a view the club don’t get many wrong because there’s not top notch talent coming through.

…he’d definitely be one who slipped through. I remember posting at the time it could be a mistake, especially as Baines was starting to look fragile. To be fair, Robinson had a few serious injuries at crucial times but I think he is a rare case of one who got away.
I understand times are different - Baines & jags we had to resign .... our transfer scouting system is up the creek - hence the money spent on so-called stars - I respect your different era argument - My point is the money wasted has not helped the youth system one bit ....

Harry Kane was an example from Spurs youth system out on loan then given a chance at Spurs ....

The position we are in now as you say we just can't risk it .....

I understand times are different - Baines & jags we had to resign .... our transfer scouting system is up the creek - hence the money spent on so-called stars - I respect your different era argument - My point is the money wasted has not helped the youth system one bit ....

Harry Kane was an example from Spurs youth system out on loan then given a chance at Spurs ....

The position we are in now as you say we just can't risk it .....

….that’s a little more accurate, Matey. Don’t criticise Managers for not ‘playing the kids’, criticise the club for not recruiting the top talent. But that then brings me to my original point that the reservoir of local talent isn’t there anymore.

if anything, the strategy of bringing in youngsters from other clubs has been very successful with the likes of Stones, DCL, Holgate, Lookman etc all going on to play plenty of first team games.

if Everton have truly outstanding youngsters, believe me Everton managers will play them.

He’s not actually all that Joey.
He's a very good left back may be better than what we have now ....
Look how we ended the season at left back? As @Eggs stated possibly the one who got away seasons ago - worrying our coaching staff - DOF just let that happen sold for 4 million fgs ...a USA international

Easily looked the part-time Fulham last season......

….that’s a little more accurate, Matey. Don’t criticise Managers for not ‘playing the kids’, criticise the club for not recruiting the top talent. But that then brings me to my original point that the reservoir of local talent isn’t there anymore.

if anything, the strategy of bringing in youngsters from other clubs has been very successful with the likes of Stones, DCL, Holgate, Lookman etc all going on to play plenty of first team games.

if Everton have truly outstanding youngsters, believe me Everton managers will play them.
Last two season's?
We loaned a winger Bowler to be an understudy too Bowen then at Middlesbrough it's our system that's worrying- Baines is doing very well with under 18s

The way we work any young talent in the future will avoid us the way we operate now .....

That's just my observation as you point out promoting youngsters into a first team whilst in a relegation battle or even attracting top players if we had cash - I can only see a slow build up to recovery imo

We need a new board & a massive cash injection ASAP,,,

Last edited:

He's a very good left back may be better than what we have now ....
Look how we ended the season at left back? As @Eggs stated possibly the one who got away seasons ago - worrying our coaching staff - DOF just let that happen sold for 4 million fgs ...a USA international

Easily looked the part-time Fulham last season......

He’s not Joey, he gets caught up the field all the time.

I watched him quite a lot last season.

This is totalling wrong. Not every youngster show their quality within 6month in the first team. Your logic only allow 1 season of development or get rid.

Not all young players step in and make a difference immediately. Those are very rare players, not even in top teams. Some take a couple of years. DCL.

He hasn’t given a club interview in 6 hours.

THIS ISN’T GOOD ENOUGH, SLATE HIM AND CRUSH AT ONCE.

…..different world now, Joey. 60s & 70s young local lads had a football at their feet from dawn till dusk. We honed skills, competitiveness and toughness playing footy in the streets, we learned to control the ball playing on the ‘ollers‘, we were cut to bits falling on broken bricks and glass.

These days you rarely see lads playing in the street or even in the parks. Very little schools footy. Kids get picked up to play in Academy’s at 8 years of age, everybody else stays in & plays on computers.

The vast pool of local talent simply isn’t there. It’s no coincidence that the league is full of lads from Continents were life is tough, where kids play street footy and become skilled by playing the game with their mates.

THE BEST DAYS IF U NO WAT IM TALKING ABOUT SHARE TO ALL UR MATES GOD BLESS CANT STAND JUST STOP OIL LADS.

Status
Not open for further replies.