Just what is it that we lack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TsarDiniyar

Despite a couple of wins now, positive vibe is back amongst most, our football is still way off the mark...so whats missing?

I personally feel al we need is an out and out winger, who will run at players, skip past them, put a great ball in the box everytime. If we had got Obinna we would be laughing, but someone of his nature is all we lack i think.

And maybe another proven goalscorer and ship out Vic or Vaughany?

CDM and a play maker in the middle of the park, pref someone who can bang em in from long range.

Despite a couple of wins now, positive vibe is back amongst most, our football is still way off the mark...so whats missing?

I personally feel al we need is an out and out winger, who will run at players, skip past them, put a great ball in the box everytime. If we had got Obinna we would be laughing, but someone of his nature is all we lack i think.

And maybe another proven goalscorer and ship out Vic or Vaughany?

We could do with a tough midfielder and a quality winger. I'd seriously think about shipping vic and vaughany out. Theyre committed enough but they just dont cut it for me.

we need to start playing football. one player wont change it much. we have the quality in the squad- so why do we play like wigan every week? frustrating.

Ship Vaughan or Vic out? For one we wouldn't get any money for them and two they are developing nicely. Good players to have in the squad. We are fine upfront, we are very well off there.

We lack a centre midfielder who can control a game and we lack pace outwide. We have Osman is there and whilst he is capable and a good footballer he's not going to control a game nor is he going to pass into space and feed our forwards.

We do lack a "long passer". Someone who can spray passes around from anywhere, deep positions or in the final third. Which is exactly why I wanted a Fernandes or a Huddlestone. Players with rough edges yes but players with the ability and potential to boss and control games.

We have Osman, Fellaini and Pienaar who are short pass and move players. Perfectly capable on the ball and intelligent but sometimes we are to easy to figure out. Sometimes you need someone who's going to hit that killer pass and open up the game.

Arteta isn't perfect but he's the closest we have to this sort of player. He can pass both short and long distances, he can keep the ball under pressure using his control and ability to shield the ball and he is intelligent.

I've mentioned moving him into the middle a few times and some come out with things like he hasn't got the "engine", "Workrate" or "physicality" to play in there. For me it's bollocks, people are always looking for this solid midfield player when it's not always the answer.

If the likes of Fabregas, Scholes and Deco can play in the middle then so can Mikel Arteta. He's not as good no but he's perfectly capable and in terms of style he's similar. He's the closest thing we have to someone who can control a game and dictate the tempo and we stick him outwide where his impact on games is limited.

The lack of pace in midfield is also an issue, we are very one dimensional in that respect. We have alot of similar players who are one paced. Sometimes you need an outlet, someone who is going to run in behind teams and run with the ball. We don't have either which is why alot of the time we play very deep which puts pressure on our back four.

We could always do with more / better players. If we'd just won the league (please) we'd want to strengthen our squad.

What we have lacked is a group of players who can work together at the top of their game. This is starting to come. We are on a run of wins, however lucky they were, which is breading confidance. If you look at the differance in spurs lately they are now playing with confidance, and are winning.

As supporters we have been lacking a little patience, myself included. I'm backing Moyes and the lad's to continue to improve and I'm hoping this will lead to more attractive football.

For now any win will do.

Come on you blues.;)

A holding player is all we're missing. Someone that can pick the ball off of the defence and start attacks, whilst breaking up opposing attacks. Rodwell is too young and Castillo hasn't got going yet.

Some money to actually buy some decent players rather then Moyes having to go out and look around Matalan or Primark.

We need a creative centre midfielder who isnt afraid to shoot outside the box, and can make some great passes - Hmmm i wonder who im talking about...A certain Valencia player!!

Other than that i think we need to play Vaughan or Anichebe for a few matches - we need some pace and workrate up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.