Just how bad is our second XI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"And its Messi, Messi beats 1 player, beats another, beats 3 players, slides it into Naismith in the centre, who isnt being played in his correct postion and is still recovering from a serious injury and Naismith hits the corner flag. Messi has ran over to the corner flag, hes picking it up.
Unbelieveable Jeff, Messi is actually beating Naimisth to death with the corner flag."

"And its Messi, Messi beats 1 player, beats another, beats 3 players, slides it into Naismith in the centre, who isnt being played in his correct postion and is still recovering from a serious injury and Naismith hits the corner flag. Messi has ran over to the corner flag, hes picking it up.
Unbelieveable Jeff, Messi is actually beating Naimisth to death with the corner flag."
Superb.

1st 11.

Llloris
Walker Vertonghen Kaboul BAE
Lennon Dembele Sandro Bale
Defoe Adebayor

2nd 11 (inc those on loan/new signing)

Friedel
Naughton Dawson Caulker Rose
Townsend Parker Holtby Siggurdson
Dempsey Kane

3rd 11

Gomes,
Smith, Gallas Fryers,

Falque Huddlestone Livermore Jenas, Bentley

Carrol
Obika

1st 11.

Llloris
Defoe Adebayor

Friedel
Dempsey Kane

3rd 11

Gomes,
Smith, Gallas Fryers,

Carrol
Obika

ah yeah, forgot about rose at sland. swap dempsey and siggurdson around ;). not having holtby though, doesn't count as he's not yours till the summer ha. that falque looks impressive from the little i've seen of him

1st 11.

Llloris
Defoe Adebayor

Friedel
Dempsey Kane

3rd 11

Gomes,
Smith, Gallas Fryers,

Carrol
Obika

Ouch. That's what an extra few hundred million buys you like. Real depth.

Our wings look rather crappy in the second XI don't they? (minus Oviedo)

And yes, Naismith even for me is falling to less than "Meh" of late.

i think our second XI is weak, but considering for the last 10 years we have had to sell to buy, when everyone else around us and below us has had silly amount of cash (maybe except west brom) then I don't think it's a) anything to be surprised about, and b) it's not as bad as I thought it would be. In fact it has the flavour of a Walter Smith side

Agreed our 2nd string XI doesn't look that strong.

Mucha is clearly not rated by.. anyone
Gueye is not really PL quality
Duffy/Barkley/Vellios are just youngsters trying unsuccessfully to break through
Hibbert/Neville/Hitz are now squad players, all the wrong side of 30 and nobody else would really want very badly
Anichebe is still inconsistent and still more effective as a substitute
Naismith is unconvincing and struggling to make an impact

I think only Heitinga and Oveido are what I would call real quality.. one is on the way up, one is one the way down.

Laughing out loud in work :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.