Just hear me out, hopefully a bit of sense to the circus.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the brilliant signings we have made in Rom, Eto, Besic etc I fear we will be let down by our poor defence which is a real shame as we could/should be challenging the top teams this season
We've played 3 games mate. Just relax.

If we are in no mans land after 15 games played, then fair enough. Stop jumping the gun.

Fact is, unless someone can become Suarez and carry us by scoring/creating 50 goals like he did Liverpool, we aren't going to do well this season because we'll be leaking goals like a... well I can't think of an analogy.

We have 4 CB's already at the club. The next window opens in 4 months. 4 CB's should be enough to get us through this time period. I'm all for change if someone is out of form, but buying just for the sake of buying when you already have other CB's at the club doesn't make much sense.

If i really had to have a gripe at our business yesterday, it would be that we didn't bring in a useful RB that could push for a place. Hibbert isn't pushing Coleman and is well past his best.

We went toe-to-toe with Chelski and got battered, there's no getting away from it.
However, they are an extremely good team (title favourites in my opinion) and we did manage to put 3 past them!
It was just one of those days I reckon, chalk it off, start again for the next game.
Losing to teams like Chelski doesn't worry me that much because they are the kind of teams who should really be beating us, it's the other teams I'm concerned with and so far we have played 1 and drawn 1 with one of them so no need to panic just yet - the boys at the back will tighten up.
Keep the faith!

We went toe-to-toe with Chelski and got battered, there's no getting away from it.
However, they are an extremely good team (title favourites in my opinion) and we did manage to put 3 past them!
It was just one of those days I reckon, chalk it off, start again for the next game.
Losing to teams like Chelski doesn't worry me that much because they are the kind of teams who should really be beating us, it's the other teams I'm concerned with and so far we have played 1 and drawn 1 with one of them so no need to panic just yet - the boys at the back will tighten up.
Keep the faith!

What about the other two games

What about the other two games

Well, obviously we messed up against Arsenal in that last 10 minutes but there were still plenty of positives to come out of that game. The fact we were gutted we only drew against a team like Arsenal being one of them. Expectations are a lot higher nowadays.
And a point away at Leicester is not too bad, they also held Arsenal so it's not like they are walkovers.
In conclusion, Everton must improve vastly in defence, but with the players we have there I believe they will - and soon.

Well, obviously we messed up against Arsenal in that last 10 minutes but there were still plenty of positives to come out of that game. The fact we were gutted we only drew against a team like Arsenal being one of them. Expectations are a lot higher nowadays.
And a point away at Leicester is not too bad, they also held Arsenal so it's not like they are walkovers.
In conclusion, Everton must improve vastly in defence, but with the players we have there I believe they will - and soon.

Positives from all three games regard our attacking play, Each of those games the defence has been a shambles

We seem to have come to the conclusion that Jags and Distin "Must" come good because they were solid last season, Players do get worse when they reach a certain age, Is it any surprise at 37 Distin is on the way down?

In three transfer windows he has signed Alcarez a injury ridden 32 year old and sold Duffy a young match fit 22 year old

And that's it, No other defenders

Well in Bobby lad

In three transfer windows he has signed Alcarez a injury ridden 32 year old and sold Duffy a young match fit 22 year old

And that's it, No other defenders

Well in Bobby lad
Completely the opposite of Moyes who loved getting defenders hey?

Status
Not open for further replies.