Just hear me out, hopefully a bit of sense to the circus.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did the game end mate? Struggling here but I think at one point we were 2-0 up and dominating, What happened after that?

A game is 90 mins not 70, The defence in each game so far has let us down, Jags and Distin will have to improve a lot over the coming months or we will continue to leak goals

I agree the performances weren't good enough overall. However, I'm not convinced Jags and Distin have become crap. Arsenal couldn't find a way past them for 80 minutes.

Last season the 3 draws we're moderate performances - though we deserved on balance to win the two away games. I was quietly confident at the time. I would rank the 3 performances around 6 out of 10 overall despite the lack of points.

This time round I wasn't so pleased with the performances. Leicester was a wasted opportunity (atypical) though a shade unlucky we didn't kill the game off - much the same against Arsenal though playing much better (for 80 minutes) and Chelsea was very disappointing - yes we lost against highly accomplished opponents but, if we are honest the game was lost so early - through poor mistakes - that no amount of defiant resistance (all the way to the critical 5th goal conceded) should allow us to sugarcoat the problems at the back. I rate the three performances around 3 out of 10 (and not much of that from last Saturday)

I agree the performances weren't good enough overall. However, I'm not convinced Jags and Distin have become crap. Arsenal couldn't find a way past them for 80 minutes.

The game lasts for 90+ mins ffs

They conceded twice in 10 mins

Deal with it

Spot on

I said yesterday that keeping Barry on for full games is ruining us in the closing stages
This is a genuine concern, not necessarily just barry either, if jimmy mac is struggling, which he obviously was against Chelsea, roberto, will not disrupt their partnership not matter what, he needs to be more proactive with them, and that doesn't always mean subbing one of them, adding a third cm in there for example.

Just back from a fabulous holiday in Bali. Refreshed and reinvigorated as I now am, for me, the season begins this weekend. In effect, those first 3 games were like our preseason. Need to put those behind us and get stuck into this League. Very important we take 3 points from the WBA away trip.

Just back from a fabulous holiday in Bali. Refreshed and reinvigorated as I now am, for me, the season begins this weekend. In effect, those first 3 games were like our preseason. Need to put those behind us and get stuck into this League. Very important we take 3 points from the WBA away trip.
Season over if we don't win?

You look a million dollars. That holiday has done wonders.

Status
Not open for further replies.