Transfer Rumour Joshua Zirkzee

Status
Not open for further replies.
....the longer this goes the more unlikely I think it is. Saying that, it’s a position that needs strengthening & it’s a Brands type of signing. I really hope it happens, an exciting new signing can give the team & fans a lift.

It's a strange one really, but I sort of feel the opposite. We have seen that other sides are interested, but we are in pole position (as a crass generalisation). I take the view the longer it goes on without someone usurping us the more likely it is. Could be wrong mind.

....the longer this goes the more unlikely I think it is. Saying that, it’s a position that needs strengthening & it’s a Brands type of signing. I really hope it happens, an exciting new signing can give the team & fans a lift.

It's a strange one really, but I sort of feel the opposite. We have seen that other sides are interested, but we are in pole position (as a crass generalisation). I take the view the longer it goes on without someone usurping us the more likely it is. Could be wrong mind.

We know now that Brands puts an offer in and just sits back.

James' two clubs in South America didnt receive any sell on as it was a free transfer. One of their presidents has said that italian clubs were prepared to pay decent money for him.

Backs up what we know.

Dear oh Dear, looks like one to avoid then.
From what I've heard on Bayern forums etc. he always seemed to have some attitude issues, he's still a young lad so this could change for sure if it clicks in his head and he's willing to knuckle down but based on his last year or so I really don't see how he would add quality to this Everton squad apart from being an extra body up front. He has nowhere near the total dedication DCL seems to have. Zirkzee had a great start to his Bayern career that mislead some people to believe he has a great future ahead of himself but Bayern's coach Hansi Flick always emphasised him not tracking back to defend etc. being "an aspect he needs to improve in", to me this sounds exactly like a player Carlo would not be particularly fond of. On the other hand, for sure he is a decent finisher and obviously positioned himself well a few times.

From what I've heard on Bayern forums etc. he always seemed to have some attitude issues, he's still a young lad so this could change for sure if it clicks in his head and he's willing to knuckle down but based on his last year or so I really don't see how he would add quality to this Everton squad apart from being an extra body up front. He has nowhere near the total dedication DCL seems to have. Zirkzee had a great start to his Bayern career that mislead some people to believe he has a great future ahead of himself but Bayern's coach Hansi Flick always emphasised him not tracking back to defend etc. being "an aspect he needs to improve in", to me this sounds exactly like a player Carlo would not be particularly fond of. On the other hand, for sure he is a decent finisher and obviously positioned himself well a few times.

Even if its a case of bring him in, have him as adequate back up for DCL for a few years and then ship on for a profit, its a good deal.
I agree he has similar atributes as DCL and also agree at 19 has nowere near the mindset or workrate DCL had at that age

Well when digne got injured nobody could have imagined nkounkou wouldn't start LB, but carlo went with a right footed CB who had played right back once for us and had a mare, so he didnt trust the teenager nkounkou. Dont get me wrong Godfrey has been great defensively and it has worked, but offensively....
Carlo has played gomes ahead of Anthony gordon as left forward, again dont get me wrong Gordon is not there yet, but he is infinitely better in that position than gomes.
I'm not running carlo down just saying he values experience as can also be seen by his summer signings

Carlo has given debuts to Nkounkou, Gordon, Branthwaite & brought Kean back into the side.
Hes given more minutes to teenagers since hes been at everton that 80% of the division

Carlo has given debuts to Nkounkou, Gordon, Branthwaite & brought Kean back into the side.
Hes given more minutes to teenagers since hes been at everton that 80% of the division
Last season Branthwaite played as he was literally the only fit center half available. Branthwaite was great and had he not got injured at the wrong time we may not have bought Godfrey.
Gordon got game time on the left as we were playing 442 with Richy up front.
2 of those players you list are now out on loan...
Nkounkou and gordon have about 120 minutes between them this season.
So really that 80% you quote is complete rubbish, most teams have at leat 1 teenager who plays regularly, or gets regular time off the bench.
Again I'm not running CA down, I hope he stays well beyond his current contract. It's a mere statement of fact that he values experience more than other mangers do.

Last season Branthwaite played as he was literally the only fit center half available. Branthwaite was great and had he not got injured at the wrong time we may not have bought Godfrey.
Gordon got game time on the left as we were playing 442 with Richy up front.
2 of those players you list are now out on loan...
Nkounkou and gordon have about 120 minutes between them this season.
So really that 80% you quote is complete rubbish, most teams have at leat 1 teenager who plays regularly, or gets regular time off the bench.
Again I'm not running CA down, I hope he stays well beyond his current contract. It's a mere statement of fact that he values experience more than other mangers do.

Just for balance though, Klopp was left to a 19 (nearly 20) year old centre back and a 24 year old. He chose to put 2 midfielders into that position. Moyes would do similar with Neville and Hibbert. It's not automatic they play.

Just for balance though, Klopp was left to a 19 (nearly 20) year old centre back and a 24 year old. He chose to put 2 midfielders into that position. Moyes would do similar with Neville and Hibbert. It's not automatic they play.
That's fine, but its also backs up my original point in this thread, which is why would we sign Zirkzee when CA may not even play him? We need back up he trusts and i don't think he would trust him yet.
My original post simply stated this transfer doesn't make sense to me

Tbf those 19 and 24 years old are not very good, Pennington sort of standard and Ancelotti would probably play Davies at centre back over him.

To be fair and Im not noshing klopp off here but one of them Liverpool CBS was on loan at a national League club last season so young or not he obviously has no future at the top, so any sensible manager would play fabinho there.

Similar to what we heard about Kean coming in.

Obviously they’re different people but there’s a reason why a “bigger” club is letting them go to Everton.

which maybe there needs to be some kind of issue for that transaction to happen, and we take our chances knowing that

which is fine, he’s not Tosun, he’s not Kean either, I’m more than happy to bring him in, but there’s a reason he’s available to us. If the noteworthy item in his bio is kicking a keeper in the face when he’s down and gashing his head open, we should temper expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.