2020/21 Josh King

Status
Not open for further replies.
King’s a good player, Wilson is a good player when fit.

I notice though, you’re another one who goes very quiet when we are winning games but immediately jumps into either the Brands thread or Iwobi’s when we lose
That's correct I won't deny it.
Iwobi and Brands are a problem in the club for me. I really feel like we could've signed someone better. Iwobi .. panic buy there's players in the championship light years ahead of this guy. I just don't get what was going on with Brands when he signed the lad. Arsenal fans are still laughing at us to be honest.

The issue he's going to have here is he's too like Richarlison. He's probably someone who should always be playing down the center but because of his pace and willingness to go at people he gets shifted wide. Except out wide all he really does at an above average level is score and all the creativity and midfield play completely suffers. It is going to be tough having Richarlison and the knock off version in the same team, much less having them on the flanks at the same time. There isn't enough variety or creativity.

I'm glad this experiment can end in May.

Think the end point with King will be we will likely offer him like a 2 year deal, alright experience I guess and another number added to squad depth. The club will likely not have to look for another striker in the summer because of it. Yes we can probably go out and find better but doubt many will want to come and be a back up for either DCL or Richarlison

It is what it is, his impact is probably what the majority of us expected. I thought it was a waste of time signing and so it's proving. However I am not slating the guy when he only gets five minutes here and there.

It is what it is, his impact is probably what the majority of us expected. I thought it was a waste of time signing and so it's proving. However I am not slating the guy when he only gets five minutes here and there.
I hope by the end we all still consider it a waste of time signing.

Cos that means Rico and Dom have stayed healthy.

He was signed for mostly worst-case scenario.

He was brought in as cover mate.

Imagine the carnage on here if DCL got injured and we had no cover for him lol

He was what was available at the time. He hasn’t had much chance to do a great deal really, dit I didn’t expect a great deal either.

His appearances lighten the load on our other forwards somewhat and who knows, may have prevented an injury.

Ashorg term contract was right for both sides. There would be righteous fume if he had signed a longer term deal.

We took a punt bringing him here, must look turgid in training, so now he's just the back up option til moving on in the summer.

Not every transfer works, but I'd rather a transfer like this than a £30m panic buy like Iwobi.

Status
Not open for further replies.