2020/21 Josh King

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see the outcry in regard to why he doesn’t get game time, I see the outcry as to why did we bring him in. He wasn’t getting game time with Bournemouth so why would he play for Everton. Once again we went shopping in Lidl when we need the be shopping in M&S.

Calvert-Lewin was injured when King arrived, and he still didn't play.
King wasn’t fit then either.

It’s clear that Ancelotti does not like what he has seen, otherwise he would get games. Unfortunately, King is what was available at the time for a low price and the deal means we are not stuck with him for several years.

It’s clear he is emergency cover.

I don’t see the outcry in regard to why he doesn’t get game time, I see the outcry as to why did we bring him in. He wasn’t getting game time with Bournemouth so why would he play for Everton. Once again we went shopping in Lidl when we need the be shopping in M&S.
We didnt have the budget and the players we wanted weren’t available. January transfers rarely produce gems. It’s a window to find emergency cover, not building a squad.

By all accounts we actually paid £2m for the loan. Who Elsa are we getting for that?

Basically, I still haven't seen an emergency.

The emergency that likely prompted the signing was the Wolves game, when Carlo trotted out Sigurdsson up top and somehow escaped with the win.

That, of course, occurred prior to King's arrival. His apperarances as a sub since have been...less than noteworthy.

DCL has gone two games without scoring, one of those against City. In my opinion that doesn’t mean he deserves to be dropped for someone who prior to joining us went 12 games in the Championship without scoring.

We don’t know if he needs a rest. Maybe he does. In that case I’d go Richarlison up front at the minute, despite his horror show on Monday. After that yes, King is the option.

I’d have had no problem with him coming on against Palace, but I get the feeling that the reason he didn’t was because he stinks up the gaff in training and/or isn’t fit.
Not saying he should be dropped - and certainly not for king - but DCL’s form is a little bit more worrying than you make out there. He has 3 goals in his last 15 PL games.

DCL has gone two games without scoring, one of those against City. In my opinion that doesn’t mean he deserves to be dropped for someone who prior to joining us went 12 games in the Championship without scoring.

We don’t know if he needs a rest. Maybe he does. In that case I’d go Richarlison up front at the minute, despite his horror show on Monday. After that yes, King is the option.

I’d have had no problem with him coming on against Palace, but I get the feeling that the reason he didn’t was because he stinks up the gaff in training and/or isn’t fit.

I've stated before that Josh King was playing odd minutes not full games, so the stat is a null one for me.

I'm not stating that he's the saviour, just give DCL some time out the spotlight, because DCL has scored once in his last 7 (see how you've stated one in 3, further is one in 7).

I think the reason he didn't come on against Palace is because we had a lead, if we didn't he'd have been on. Personally, I don't think he's been as horrendous as some people are making out, but Carlo obviously sees enough not to pick him, I'm just looking at DCL as a lad struggling with confidence.

Not saying he should be dropped - and certainly not for king - but DCL’s form is a little bit more worrying than you make out there. He has 3 goals in his last 15 PL games.
I dont think he will ever be a free scoring CF and I think there is room for proper competition.
We need another forward who plays in a different way so that there are options to change the way we are attacking.

I dont think he will ever be a free scoring CF and I think there is room for proper competition.
We need another forward who plays in a different way so that there are options to change the way we are attacking.
Like Moise Kean at PSG perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.