Confirmed Signing Josh King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Underwhelming signing but a signing nonetheless! Even if he can bring more impact from the bench than the likes of Bernard it will have been worth it.

I know he isn't what everyone wanted but come on give the guy a chance.

I wonder if Bill did his sales pitch saying "the Evertonians will be behind you 100%"

RyIl.gif

Yeah ready to stick it in!

The 6 month deal is something I really can't understand just from the club's or his point of view, so if he has a good spell with us he's our player than can just leave and go somewhere else. If he's not good enough then he's released and has to find a new club. Don't understand why he wouldn't have gone to Fulham honestly unless we offered far more wages. I'm assuming we don't have an optional extension in his contract like we do with James so we don't have to renegotiate his contract if we want to keep him further than the end of the season. He's a fine backup though, definitely improves the attack depth and can give Dom a breather every so often.

I was pissy about this going through earlier because I thought it was going to be a 3 year contract on high wages - typical Everton of old. A 6 month loan is excellent business. Fills the gap and provides real competition up front. I'm happy.
Is not a loan. We've actually signed him for a nominal fee but on a 6 month contract with an option to extend.

The 6 month deal is something I really can't understand just from the club's or his point of view, so if he has a good spell with us he's our player than can just leave and go somewhere else. If he's not good enough then he's released and has to find a new club. Don't understand why he wouldn't have gone to Fulham honestly unless we offered far more wages. I'm assuming we don't have an optional extension in his contract like we do with James so we don't have to renegotiate his contract if we want to keep him further than the end of the season. He's a fine backup though, definitely improves the attack depth and can give Dom a breather every so often.
According to the BBC "The deal is believed to be a six-month contract with an option to extend it at the end of the campaign."

Status
Not open for further replies.