Jose Baxter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what Davies or Mason have to do with this? Fairly sure neither are crack heads, nor indeed bad eggs of any persuasion.
Look as you say if this is unsworths decision then we have to go with it, he has guided his team to the top of the league and perhaps he sees an opportunity to take Baxter to the first team. We don't know but we have to accept it.

Look as you say if this is unsworths decision then we have to go with it, he has guided his team to the top of the league and perhaps he sees an opportunity to take Baxter to the first team. We don't know but we have to accept it.

It's not about getting Baxter into the first team. He's 24 and there's no chance of that happenning. None whatsoever. That ship has long since sailed.

This is purely about rehabilitating the lad in society firstly, with a view to getting him back playing full time down the leagues. Admirable on a human level, but we aren't a rehab centre, we are a football club looking to win things. I'm concerned the kids he plays with will get the wrong impression and think they can behave as they like as the club will keep giving them chances.

It's not about getting Baxter into the first team. He's 24 and there's no chance of that happenning. None whatsoever. That ship has long since sailed.

This is purely about rehabilitating the lad in society firstly, with a view to getting him back playing full time down the leagues. Admirable on a human level, but we aren't a rehab centre, we are a football club looking to win things. I'm concerned the kids he plays with will get the wrong impression and think they can behave as they like as the club will keep giving them chances.
Take your point but the lad is 24 and a good player - so there is a chance he could step up. Club obviously see something this won't be a charity decision.

I have no real opinion either way on this but what I will say is massive LOL at anyone moaning about him taking the place of an U23. Minus Calvert-Lewin our U23 forwards are absolutely dirge.

Perhaps, though it is at least as likely that having him and his experiences around will be of use to the u-23s in terms of them not going down the same road he did. As Lucretius said:

"Pleasant it is, when over a great sea the winds trouble the waters, to gaze from shore upon another's tribulation: not because any man's troubles are a delectable joy, but because to perceive from what ills you are free yourself is pleasant."

I think our young players will have higher ambitions than having last chances as overage players in the 23s. They'll likely see him and use it as motivation to get to the top. Baxter might have useful advice for them on how to avoid the pitfalls he fell into

I think our young players will have higher ambitions than having last chances as overage players in the 23s. They'll likely see him and use it as motivation to get to the top. Baxter might have useful advice for them on how to avoid the pitfalls he fell into

One can only hope so. I have my concerns tho. It doesn't make sense to me this but that's not to say there maybe is merit to it.

He'll come back, amaze everyone in the under 23's then straight in to the first team. First game back is the derby, scores an injury time winner and jumps in to the crowd. Wild celebrations follow and Jose is carried shoulder high by his team mates around the pitch.
Steven Spielberg gets wind of this Cinderella story and decides to honour Jose with a movie. A bad boy turns good tale. Sean Bean plays Jose and "Baxter (the dusty showbizman)" is born and sweeps all before it at the academy awards.
Ronnie Koeman collects the Oscar for best actor on behalf of Sean Bean as he totally immersed himself in the role and his currently a guest of her majesty.

Get your money on it..I'm rarely wrong about such matters.

Take your point but the lad is 24 and a good player - so there is a chance he could step up. Club obviously see something this won't be a charity decision.

Sounds like a charity decision to me .... If he was that good ????????? I mean seriously... Why aren't lower league clubs giving him a shot ????

It's not as if this fella is going to force his way back into the first team is it?Seriously are we a football club that's serious about winning things again or are we some sort of charity organisation?I think our transfer activity has been poor enough this January and to put the cherry on the cake we give a contract to some washed up has been.Absolutely ridiculous.The new Everton eh same as the old Everton.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.