2023/24 Jordan Pickford

We would have relegated if not Pickford in the last two seasons.
That’s not quite true as it’s a team game, McNeil getting them goals late season, doucoure to. Coady clearing one of the line v Bournemouth. Mina scoring late at wolves all contributed to us staying up and many more over the season.

Some keepers will contribute a lot more than others, like Southall or Schmeichel used to. Pickford is not at that level

Both?

At those prices.
My point is, you’d sell Pickford and Branthwaite is worth more than 75 now imo. Forfana went for 80 2 years ago after one full season at Leicester. What Will Branthwaite be worth next year if he keeps going in an upward trajectory

If the deal is 50 for Pickford or 75 Branthwaite and one has to go, who are you selling
Branthwaite. That 75m is largely profit. Didn't we pay 30m for Pickford? If there is a gulf in profit and if that is needed for PSR, well, Branthwaite goes. I think he goes anyway. Pickford seems settled here. He has the Euros and World Cup for glory and exposure. Branthwaite, by comparison, will likely have to move on to develop into a regular international. His agent will, no doubt, be looking for his big move. Pickford already had his to us - and seems like a sanguine personality in terms of ambition.

My point is, you’d sell Pickford and Branthwaite is worth more than 75 now imo. Forfana went for 80 2 years ago after one full season at Leicester. What Will Branthwaite be worth next year if he keeps going in an upward trajectory
Not sure why people assume we only need to sell 1 player.

I think we will struggle to keep Branners once the top clubs come sniffing, but I'm gonna stop mentioning us selling him cos I'm boring myself at this point.

Branthwaite. That 75m is largely profit. Didn't we pay 30m for Pickford? If there is a gulf in profit and if that is needed for PSR, well, Branthwaite goes. I think he goes anyway. Pickford seems settled here. He has the Euros and World Cup for glory and exposure. Branthwaite, by comparison, will likely have to move on to develop into a regular international. His agent will, no doubt, be looking for his big move. Pickford already had his to us - and seems like a sanguine personality in terms of ambition.
We’ve had Pickford 7/8 yrs. on the books we’ve paid for him so he will be all profit. In a year Pickford worth less Branthwaite more and that will keep going in the some direction. I’d we’re skint like everyone says, then it’s no brainer who you sell imo

Not sure why people assume we only need to sell 1 player.

I think we will struggle to keep Branners once the top clubs come sniffing, but I'm gonna stop mentioning us selling him cos I'm boring myself at this point.
But you sell Onana and Pickford. Then you it takes a ridiculous offer to sell Branthwaite. Remember us turning Chelsea down for stones,
A year later we get 50% more off city

We’ve had Pickford 7/8 yrs. on the books we’ve paid for him so he will be all profit. In a year Pickford worth less Branthwaite more and that will keep going in the some direction. I’d we’re skint like everyone says, then it’s no brainer who you sell imo
A 75m profit versus a 50m profit speaks for itself, though. If that is the comparison. And if there is a choice. We may have to sell both. If we can keep one, that may also depend on which one wants to stay (if either). If Branthwaite wants out, he'll go. If he wants out and will get us 25m more than a Pickford who wants to stay - and we only have to sell one - well, there's your answer. The club willl take the money.

A 75m profit versus a 50m profit speaks for itself, though. If that is the comparison. And if there is a choice. We may have to sell both. If we can keep one, that may also depend on which one wants to stay (if either). If Branthwaite wants out, he'll go. If he wants out and will get us 25m more than a Pickford who wants to stay - and we only have to sell one - well, there's your answer. The club willl take the money.
Any club with half a brain will sell a 30yr old and keep the 21yr old. And save probably 4/5mil in wages into the bargain. Stones put in a transfer request and we didn’t sell him.