2021/22 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been nothing short of remarkable this season. Can be our goalkeeper for a long time yet, absolutely no need to think about replacing him as long as he continues as he has performed this season. Get a better defence in front of him and we'll easily get 20 more points next season on that alone.

By the way, when he berates his defenders and team-mates, he speaks for many of us. Our voice on the pitch.
Nah , it’s like it’s pure adrenaline from him usually after a great save. Yet after the match he’s modest and calm - “ just doing my job” when his great saves are mentioned. At times he’s had shambolic defenders in front of him, but I really don’t think it helps their confidence to be berrated for obvious mistakes all the time. At the moment it’s part of his game, maybe a part that helps him perform at the highest level. He’s a great goalkeeper, I’ll likely vote for him as Player of The Season, but I think he’ll truly be outstanding when he can make great saves and use his experience to calm down the defence and organise it. He needs to be the managers voice on the pitch not ours.

By the way, when he berates his defenders and team-mates, he speaks for many of us. Our voice on the pitch.
Exactly, and as ive said before him moaning at them is something i want to see, not see people saying he is losing his mind and this and that and whatever else as said before so people can have their usual moan to him, i want players to be angry and let others know, for me it keeps them on their toes, others may say he scares our defenders or whatever

Exactly, and as ive said before him moaning at them is something i want to see, not see people saying he is losing his mind and this and that and whatever else as said before so people can have their usual moan to him, i want players to be angry and let others know, for me it keeps them on their toes, others may say he scares our defenders or whatever
I was an amateur keeper in my day. I was notorious for shouting and roaring - not to "blame" individuals, but to wake up and motivate the collective. That's what Pickford does and it is necessary unless you have a supernatural ability to organise a defence quietly like Pat Jennings.

Screenshot_20220520_114719.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.