2021/22 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
This englands nr 1 stuff is goofy. It means nothing. Noone is going to pay the big bucks for him based on him being ‘Englands nr 1’. The guy is dead average and Id doubt we’d get close to the amount we paid for him if we sell him. He has some games where he looks really good, some where he looks very average and some where hes the absolute worst player out there. No big team will want that in their keeper. We took a gamble with him and it didnt pay off. ?‍♂️

This englands nr 1 stuff is goofy. It means nothing. Noone is going to pay the big bucks for him based on him being ‘Englands nr 1’. The guy is dead average and Id doubt we’d get close to the amount we paid for him if we sell him. He has some games where he looks really good, some where he looks very average and some where hes the absolute worst player out there. No big team will want that in their keeper. We took a gamble with him and it didnt pay off. ?‍♂️
But a world-class manager like Southgate keeps picking him.

/s

I'm by no means his biggest fan but can't believe some of the stuff i'm seeing in here. He's been pretty decent for more than 12 months now, he's certainly not perfect but he's one of a handful of players in the squad who are above average in their position.

I've been very critical but I'm much the same.

That doesnt mean he is world class, but he has been pretty consistent, when all in front of him has been falling apart.

I thought he was done here last season, so deserves some credit for turning it around.

He's an absolute professional disgrace not being able to keep it together against Newcastle every time we play them.

It's small time because he thinks his mental rivalry with them as a Sland supporter is more important than performing for Everton.

I'm sure he wouldn't be doing this if he played for Utd or RS.

I liked the guy but it's just indicative of how our players regard us.

He's an absolute professional disgrace not being able to keep it together against Newcastle every time we play them.

It's small time because he thinks his mental rivalry with them as a Sland supporter is more important than performing for Everton.

I'm sure he wouldn't be doing this if he played for Utd or RS.

I liked the guy but it's just indicative of how our players regard us.
He would because that’s his mentality, thing is we’ve not had a manager who would drop him for those two fixtures like Herr Shipman would and Sir Alex back in the day definitely would

Great to get a clean sheet again!!

Did he tip either of those that hit the bar?
No, and tbh the first one was only a threat because he was too far off his line

He had almost nothing to do today and it seems petty to complain on such a good day but I feel some of those instability vibes from him at the moment, when he’s been solid mentally most of the season.

Sadly being a goalie means that there is nowhere to hide, you're the last line of defense, the last line that starts with the forwards. If outfield players 'go missing' then they get stick but I always think the keeper cops for it more if he has a bad game. The game against Leeds was a great example, we defended from the front and Jordan had a realively quiet match as a result. The two shots that hit the crossbar were surely 'percentage' strikes in as much as someone was bound to take a shot at some point, Jordan can't get to every goal bound ball every time, this time we got lucky, twice, that's the nature of the game. As for the barcodes, they wind me up, never mind Jordan, apart from one season (1931 when we scored 8 past them) they always seem to 'do us,' a proper bogey team like. Whatever, the redtop's make up about a situation I'm sure, to Jordan its nothing more than banter. Jordan is human like the rest of us and I am sure that when we do finally nail them, he will celebrating with the rest of us, until then, he's 'ar keeper and should expect our full support.

It funny, just remembering past England greats like Gordon Banks, when he was at Stoke it was nailed on that we beat them, usually 3-0 if my overly romanatised memory remembers those days correctly, and even Peter Shilton used to have nightmares playing against us, shipping three a game, so Jordan, you don't have much to worry about if you can get a mention in the same sentence as those two... ?

Matter of time before Ramsdale takes his spot? Pretty similar quality. Ramsdale plays for a big 6. Seems inevitable
Not really Burnley were in Europe a few seasons ago and Pope was being touted as the next England goalie to replace pickford and it never happened

Unless Southgate leaves or gets sacked and as long as Pickford doesn’t make a massive mistake in an important match for England there is no reason why he would lose his spot to ramsdale

Status
Not open for further replies.