2021/22 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly could have done better for the second (positioning), third (positioning) and fourth (as was said in analysis, there's only one place Jota can put that ball, so why isn't Pickford aware of that?)... But equally the defence was largely abysmal so it seems very odd indeed to blame the keeper for that result.

He wasn't great, but others were far, far worse.

Nope. He is a clown. One on one against any forward in the league and you can be sure that he will chicken out of any challenge. On the fourth goal yesterday he only tried to get his ugly face away from the ball.
well said. how come our fans rate him is beyond me.

Third and arguably fourth he should save, not sure why there was so much made on him for the second, it’s brilliant from Salah and bends it top corner, harsh to blame him for that.

Third he should 100% save, his confidence was hit second half

How on earth he doesn't save the third, that one was easy..

awful keeper.
Honestly mate, it looked easier than it was, the shot was rifled in with some venom and Pickford was about 5 yards away from when it left the RS boot. He was already trying to make himself big but you have to have super human reflexes to get them. (Often he does though but not easy still.)

Third and arguably fourth he should save, not sure why there was so much made on him for the second, it’s brilliant from Salah and bends it top corner, harsh to blame him for that.

Third he should 100% save, his confidence was hit second half
All about opinions as ever, you dont blame him for the 2nd, yet some do, and on other goals etc, i dont blame him for any myself yet ive seen people saying he should save all 4 lol, heck we had people on here blame him for the man utd goal for one despite the deflection, and many others he had no chance with

He is absolutely part of the overall problem. Even when we were doin OK he was making mistake, after mistake, after mistake. He's cost us more points than he's won us. The so called great saves he makes do not compensate for his mistakes cause most keepers worth their salt make those saves. His basic goalkeeping is terrible. His punch out on Sunday resulted in the pen. He could have done better with 2 of the goals yesterday. How people on here can defend him is beyond me. As I said, he's not the only problem but he's part of it.

Honestly mate, it looked easier than it was, the shot was rifled in with some venom and Pickford was about 5 yards away from when it left the RS boot. He was already trying to make himself big but you have to have super human reflexes to get them. (Often he does though but not easy still.)
He left his near post wide open. His positional sense is appalling. If he'd have covered the near post the ball would have hit him and he may have saved it. OK the shear power in the shot may have hit him and gone in. But at least he gives himself a chance. As for the third goal, if he dives he saves it, its a soft scuffed shot. But he doesn't dive, he doesn't use the power in his legs or good footwork to get closer to the ball he just lies down. I'd had enough of him in his first season. I'm sick to the back teeth of the fool now.

He left his near post wide open. His positional sense is appalling. If he'd have covered the near post the ball would have hit him and he may have saved it. OK the shear power in the shot may have hit him and gone in. But at least he gives himself a chance. As for the third goal, if he dives he saves it, its a soft scuffed shot. But he doesn't dive, he doesn't use the power in his legs or good footwork to get closer to the ball he just lies down. I'd had enough of him in his first season. I'm sick to the back teeth of the fool now.
He made some good early saves to prevent a 3 or 4 nil lead for them though? Their goalie was at fault for our goal in my opinion.

Liverpool's fourth goal is a goalkeeper error. The first he has no chance at, while the other two are possible to save. But no goalkeeper error.

All about opinions as ever, you dont blame him for the 2nd, yet some do, and on other goals etc, i dont blame him for any myself yet ive seen people saying he should save all 4 lol, heck we had people on here blame him for the man utd goal for one despite the deflection, and many others he had no chance with
Problem is some on here think he is a world class keeper, so others who don’t become critical of him.
I look at him as a great reaction keeper, but firmly believe his positioning and decision making are poor
The 2nd and 3rd are definite examples of that last night

He is an average keeper who can make saves that are outstanding- but overall gets the basics wrong

Third goal was poor, was a bit too far forward IMO. Rest of the goals, meh. He’s an average keeper, we shouldn’t expect too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.