2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
The two good saves that Olsen made, Pickford probably makes too.

Otherwise Olsen was calm and unremarkable which is exactly what you want from the keeper, yes? No impulsive charges off his line, no getting caught in no man's land, no moments of panic, no bizarre distributions. Workmanlike, efficient. Boring, even.

That's what I want to see from JP.
In addition to being calm and unremarkable, Olsen was clearly much more assured coming off his line and claiming a cross or two. Small things, but JP doesn’t do it well, and it leads to danger.

Sky Sport’s hate for Jordan Pickford is next level. They’re an actual disgrace.

They’ve been bullying in and organising a pile on for weeks now. They’ll then have the gall to talk about mental health.

If he was Black the media would have been called out by now over their constant attacks on him look at Sterling and most recently Greenwood whereas as Pickford is a white lad from the North and plays for an unfashionable club he'll be slaughtered constantly as there is no threat of the media being labelled racist, bigoted etc.

I still think he needs dropping mind.

Of course he's not undroppabale

He literally was just dropped

If he plays badly again he'll be dropped again. Whether he deserves to be recalled is obviously highly questionable, but he's definitely running out of chances.

He wasn’t “dropped” as such Tim, just taken out of the firing line for non-football reasons and assured his place was safe for the next game.

If he makes his customary mistake tomorrow and costs us points it won’t be Pickford that the fans turn on....it will be Carlo.

I have not spoken to one Blue all week who thinks this is a sensible move Carlo has made.

Gutted he's back, I would much rather Olsen

I get the sense now though that he'll know now he's easily replaced if he's erratic or loses concentration that leads to a goal, I think the whole point of Carlo putting Olsen in last week was for this reason, it wasn't about giving Pickford a rest but about giving him a kick up the arse, hopefully

I guess Carlo had made the call already and it would destroy Pickford's already fragile confidence to change his mind now. Right call or not.

Just the whole RS narrative really gets to me. Yes it was a terrible challenge on VVD but obviously not on purpose. If he'd tried to do it on purpose the form he's in he would probably have somehow put the ball in his own net...
So they lose their best player for the year. Bad yes but these things happen all the time to any teams in any sports. But not when it's them. No. Rules must be changed as they're so important. Meanwhile our best player is injured by VVD and can't play properly next game, misses game after and question marks about him for todays game. No one outside Everton seems to notice this. We also have to drop our keeper who is hounded by RS media and fans.
Meanwhile we lose our next games and they win all theirs and rise to top of table.
Can bet if they win a competition it'll be "brave" without their best player yet if the don't win anything then it'll be our fault and rules will changed to make sure they get a victory perade anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.