2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not being funny mate, but I reckon he has other stuff on his mind at the moment.
Really Roydo? He’s had a small operation in probably the finest hospital available for an injury that’s commonplace in sport. His initial recovery will be rapid, his sporting rehabilitation will obviously take longer. But he’ll likely be out of bed, putting weight on his leg and relatively normal within the obvious restrictions. He has a moral duty and a professional code to make comment on the incident - his reflection that it was an accidental injury that’s expected in the intensity of a high level sporting event would stop the embarrassing witchunt by his work colleagues and the media and hopefully the ballots on social media. It would take him 30 seconds to stop the tirade against Pickford and his family. It was a badly timed and clumsy tackle....it wasn’t an assault or a premeditated attack. The rhetoric and absolute slander coming from professionals like Klopp and Wynaldum is beyond acceptable. Mr Moshiri should ask his counterpart across the park firmly to put an immediate stop to the inflammatory, dangerous and ill-judged agenda being undertaken by his employees and if they don’t he should instruct his legal team to take the most effective action possible.
The vindictive approach of Klopp and his entourage is nothing short of disgraceful.

So it is now being claimed that referees will review the Pickford incident. After them originally saying they won’t they have now had their minds changed by the rs and their commentator possy. The game I once loved has become an utter sham. Not sure I can be arsed with this kind of crap anymore.

If it were up to me, I'd drop him on Sunday. The spotlight on him has been intense and he doesn't seem like the sort of player to do well in this situation. Take him out of the limelight for a bit and leave the circus behind.

If it were up to me, I'd drop him on Sunday. The spotlight on him has been intense and he doesn't seem like the sort of player to do well in this situation. Take him out of the limelight for a bit and leave the circus behind.

Nah, it's sink or swim for Jordan now, and it's got little to do with that challenge.

Big sliding doors moment here for Jordan.

After what has happened, for the first time in at least 12 months, the fan base is back on his side. If he can frank that support by putting in a couple of big performances, particularly while we are missing key attacking options, then he can win us back and really kick on.

I have been very critical of him, but feel like the events of the last week has given him a brief second chance.

I really hope he takes it, and his career narrative is that he became a loved Everton player after smacking one of them.

After Pickford saves a pen at Southampton, scores from a direct goal kick and takes out Walcott and Ings with one terrible tackle, he will become a hero overnight.

After Pickford saves a pen at Southampton, scores from a direct goal kick and takes out Walcott and Ings with one terrible tackle, he will become a hero overnight.
walcott is not playing, he cant. Last pen he actually saved was that newcastle 3-2 game last year-saints hit the bar with one v us at Goodison as well know few months back

Really Roydo? He’s had a small operation in probably the finest hospital available for an injury that’s commonplace in sport. His initial recovery will be rapid, his sporting rehabilitation will obviously take longer. But he’ll likely be out of bed, putting weight on his leg and relatively normal within the obvious restrictions. He has a moral duty and a professional code to make comment on the incident - his reflection that it was an accidental injury that’s expected in the intensity of a high level sporting event would stop the embarrassing witchunt by his work colleagues and the media and hopefully the ballots on social media. It would take him 30 seconds to stop the tirade against Pickford and his family. It was a badly timed and clumsy tackle....it wasn’t an assault or a premeditated attack. The rhetoric and absolute slander coming from professionals like Klopp and Wynaldum is beyond acceptable. Mr Moshiri should ask his counterpart across the park firmly to put an immediate stop to the inflammatory, dangerous and ill-judged agenda being undertaken by his employees and if they don’t he should instruct his legal team to take the most effective action possible.
The vindictive approach of Klopp and his entourage is nothing short of disgraceful.

Well said.;)

The referees will now be looking to give cards out to Pickers, he will hardly be allowed to kick a ball.

I think that’s been the aim from the media to be honest. To single him and Everton out, to paint a picture of how we are some dirty team when in fact the statistics show otherwise. We already seen with the bloaty headed Frank Gallagher Paul Merson having a dig at Kean for standing on a player the other day with his “what do you expect, he’s on loan from Everton” shouts.

There’s a lot of sourness on display from all aspects of the footballing world because we are doing well this season and they aren’t able to pat us on the head, it’s been building up ever since we appointed Ancelotti after being told to know our place and that the likes of Allardyce & Moyes were the best we could ever get.

Status
Not open for further replies.