2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

People who are claiming that wasnt a bad challenge are similar to the blinkered RS fans.

It was a bad challenge but part of football. Like the Dunk one yesterday he should have seen red.

The fallout and slanderous accusations thrown at him since by ex pros and the media is disgraceful. All because the recepient was a Liverpool player. I noticed Ryan Mason and Curtis Woodhouse have both deleted tweets since.

if the game hadn’t stopped for off side then he would have . As the laws are currently as it wasn’t VIOLENT conduct the passage of play was irrelevant. Are the rules wrong ? I don’t know , but as they stand they made the right call. If he went out and punched him or kicked out at him with no intention of playing the ball he would have seen red but he didn’t

People who are claiming that wasnt a bad challenge are similar to the blinkered RS fans.

It was a bad challenge but part of football. Like the Dunk one yesterday he should have seen red.

The fallout and slanderous accusations thrown at him since by ex pros and the media is disgraceful. All because the recepient was a Liverpool player. I noticed Ryan Mason and Curtis Woodhouse have both deleted tweets since.

if the game hadn’t stopped for off side then he would have . As the laws are currently as it wasn’t VIOLENT conduct the passage of play was irrelevant. Are the rules wrong ? I don’t know , but as they stand they made the right call. If he went out and punched him or kicked out at him with no intention of playing the ball he would have seen red but he didn’t

He’s accused of intentionally taking out a player to assault and injure them. He didn’t do that. It’s a witch-hunt. What you’re looking for doesn’t exist. Let it go and move on. Injuries are part of football, these incidents happen every other game but fortunately players come away injury free, on this occasion they didn’t, thats football. It’s not worth death threats and demonisation from an entire countries media. Not gonna mend VVDs leg or bring him back this season is it?

it’s dead weird that I can’t remember son getting this media backlash last year. He actually did go to intentionally bring down a player and not play the ball. He may not have meant for a leg break to happen but he went in to play the man, from behind and with no chance of winning the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.