2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbh im starting to feel a bit bad for him, the witchhunt is unreal... you'd think no one other than VVD had ever been injured.

This is how it is. Any other player at any other club and there’s no mention of it. There was no media outrage when Ben Mee finished Wesley’s season with the exact same injury. Have to ask yourself why?

There were positives in this particular game. That doesn't make it a good game. He made substantial errors that didn't get punished, but that doesn't absolve him of the errors.

The broader problem is that I can't recall the last really good game he had for us. He's capable of great saves, but he doesn't come up with his best effort consistently and his decision-making is error-prone.

He reminds me a lot of Joe Hart at this point...which suggests that at least part of the problem might be the way the English media cannibalizes the starting English goalkeepers.
Like you I’m not a fan of Jordan, but I’m getting behind him over this, he was reckless but not malicious in his tackle on Saturday, he’s been cleared by VAR,Oliver, and the FA, that will do me, he’s getting enough stick off crying Liverpool fans, who can give it out when it goes against them but hardly ever admit how lucky they were when it goes there way, Pickford is having a hard time of it now, I’m getting behind him in the face of all this barrage against him. By the way hs last very good game was about a month ago versus Spurs away.

Unbelievable amount of crap being spoken about including this:

Such a horror tackle he walked off the pitch. We've seen players with broken arteries spewing out blood. Far too many ankles and legs pointing in the wrong direction. All on gas and air and screaming in agony as they are carried from the pitch.

I don't remember ever going overboard apart from Son and that was more because the crying little biff had zero punishment once the red card was rescinded despite tackling Gomes without any chance of getting the ball all with intent. Even then the 3 game ban would have been enough to at least get some justice. Players get injured and you move on, yet this cult turn it into bigger sob story than covid and wars put together.

You know what, it's bloody draining lads.
The bint mentions a horror tackle by Mirallas on Suarez. Is she for real? Was the other way wasnt it?

Status
Not open for further replies.