2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made some great saves today, but wouldn’t have been on the pitch to make them if Van Dijk isn’t an inch offside.

Sort of sums him up tbh.

That is it for now. I have had my fill of pissing off Pickford haters. When all is done and dusted, we do need a better goalie, maybe Olsen is it, who knows?. But for today, Pickford is a hero against the loathed and hated enemy. Nothing surpasses getting up the noses of RS fans and their legions of supporters on the media.

Apart from the 2nd goal where he could have done better, i thought he had his best game for about 2 years today. Some outstanding saves that kept us in it on a day where we were quite poor and still got a draw.

Well done Pickford.
I'm not seeing this. Made a good punch from a cross. Made one good save. The other saves he made where bread and butter. On another day he could have been sent off or at least give a pen away and fluffed another one but for VAR.

He showed what we know he can do. Dont think people have questioned that the ability is there. Its the mistakes he makes, and they are abysmal mistakes that cost goals. He got incredibly lucky today that it was offside. If it had been onside, then everyone saying he had a good game now would be livid with him.

That block against Van winkle Its not a tackle its a coming together, just a goal keeper making himself look big in the box and trying to stop what he thought would be shot or cross. Van winkle plays like that all the time, even cracked jimmy one early doors... Pickford did well today...

Status
Not open for further replies.