2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a reminder. Reading this thread was unpleasant. This is probably a cultural difference but I really don't understand why the player is being insulted. This is an incomprehensible trend in this forum. Today was a bad day but no one remembers when he saved the team before. He is definitely not a clown or the worst goalkeeper in the league.

I would say Pickford is definitely one of the worst keepers in the league, but there’s no exact science. Look at De Gea. On his day he’s world class, but on other days he makes big mistakes. You are 100% right that there have been games that Pickford has saved us in. He’s not completely useless, but he definitely is erratic & I hope we sign a quality replacement.

As for the level of abuse, the Internet is available to even the biggest losers in life.

The vitriol has been clear here but it’s more an expression of frustration with his play that has been boiling over for several seasons now and as we are playing well, is actually a far bigger problem than it’s been in the past.

That, coupled with the length of time the poor performances have been going on and seemingly tolerated by management, lead to, in my opinion, a justifiably toxic atmosphere surrounding the player.

IMG-20201003-WA0013.jpg

Pickford just does not look convincing...

Confidence has been knocked...

Too many mistakes & individual faults...

Would like to see another keeper brought in to be honest...

Romero would be a suitable replacement...

Carlo has been amazing so far and we all love him etc etc... but he HAS to sort this out, I’d honestly rather play Lossl than him. Get anyone in, they don’t have to be world class! Just somebody who won’t make a howler every single game
You have to give Lossl a chance if we can't get a goalkeeper in. But against Liverpool though? That's a tough decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.