2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't worry about a tweet from KFC tbh.

Is right Nev.

The mistakes that Pickford has made this season haven't cost us anything.
In fact without him, we would've been down 2-0 to Spurs in the first half.

The lad does make frustrating mistakes, and also makes fantastic saves... and he's going nowhere. Not sure what the point of all the ire is to be honest, I've seen Allison make howlers as well but he's "tHe BeSt KePpeR In tHa WoRld" to the other lot.

Save the anger for mistakes that actually cost us something, no point in everyone getting wound up over two goals in a cup game that we've won.

Alisson is absolutely light years ahead of anything that Pickford could ever be, what a stupid example to use. Alisson makes about 2 mistakes a season and Pickford makes one more or less every other game.

In hindsight the first goal could be a timely warning not to mess about too much, sometimes my heart is in my mouth when they’re doing that.

(I think Jack Butland would of saved the second one though)

In hindsight the first goal could be a timely warning not to mess about too much, sometimes my heart is in my mouth when they’re doing that.

(I think Jack Butland would of saved the second one though)

Aye 2nd goal frustrated me more than the 1st to be honest.

Aye 2nd goal frustrated me more than the 1st to be honest.
To me it was an OG as he puched it into the corner of the net all because he ran out faor the ball backpedalled and lost his position between the sticks that over head kick had no power if he had stayed still it would have just hit him... he flapped like a windmill punching it in his own net - Sell or drop him.....

Second goal encapsulates his failings in a nutshell for me. He could have just stood and caught it but no he had to fling himself in the air and try and make an average save look amazing in front of the cameras.

How much longer can the powers that be put up with this?

Wouldn't worry about a tweet from KFC tbh.

Is right Nev.

The mistakes that Pickford has made this season haven't cost us anything.
In fact without him, we would've been down 2-0 to Spurs in the first half.

The lad does make frustrating mistakes, and also makes fantastic saves... and he's going nowhere. Not sure what the point of all the ire is to be honest, I've seen Allison make howlers as well but he's "tHe BeSt KePpeR In tHa WoRld" to the other lot.

Save the anger for mistakes that actually cost us something, no point in everyone getting wound up over two goals in a cup game that we've won.

Keepers dont slate other keepers. Its the goalies union.
If we waited for pickford to cost games that time has come and gone from last season.
Nothing id love more for him to succeed but him costing us games in the future is like an express train coming at us at 100mph.
Have a look at the goals last night and watch some of the players reactions. Confidence is evaporating around him.
Big call and it needs doing.

Keepers dont slate other keepers. Its the goalies union.
If we waited for pickford to cost games that time has come and gone from last season.
Nothing id love more for him to succeed but him costing us games in the future is like an express train coming at us at 100mph.
Have a look at the goals last night and watch some of the players reactions. Confidence is evaporating around him.
Big call and it needs doing.
Spot on five minutes later Keane went to pass it back again ......- did it turned and got rid no confidence him - a better team would have taken advantage of that turn Keane had to make .......- Timmy was exactly the same in his final 18 months the defence just could not trust him .......

Status
Not open for further replies.