2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read a lot of shouts for Pope on here. I asked a friend of mine who is a Burnley fan about Pope and he said whilst he’s a good keeper he has mistakes in him and gives away goals. Sound familiar?

All goalkeepers have a mistake in them, they are only human. What bothers me about Pickford is the fundamentals. He gives the ball away, his positioning is poor, he can't hold onto anything, he is small in stature, he is arrogant, he is not a calming influence or seemingly very intelligent. And despite all of this, the thing that I like least about him, is his character. I've never taken to him, even before we signed him I wasn't a fan, and for all the supposed world class saves he has made, which to be honest, a lot of them seem to be over exaggerated camera saves, he will then go on a run of conceding to every shot he faces.

I don't see 1 quality in him. And for all the criticism Joel and Howard received, overall, I think they were both better all round goalkeepers.

I honestly think we are stuck with him, because realistically, if I can see it, other teams scouts certainly can, and the price he would cost would be a major obstacle.

All goalkeepers have a mistake in them, they are only human. What bothers me about Pickford is the fundamentals. He gives the ball away, his positioning is poor, he can't hold onto anything, he is small in stature, he is arrogant, he is not a calming influence or seemingly very intelligent. And despite all of this, the thing that I like least about him, is his character. I've never taken to him, even before we signed him I wasn't a fan, and for all the supposed world class saves he has made, which to be honest, a lot of them seem to be over exaggerated camera saves, he will then go on a run of conceding to every shot he faces.

I don't see 1 quality in him. And for all the criticism Joel and Howard received, overall, I think they were both better all round goalkeepers.

I honestly think we are stuck with him, because realistically, if I can see it, other teams scouts certainly can, and the price he would cost would be a major obstacle.
I’m done with Pickford, but speaking to my Burnley mate, Pope is not the answer.

I think we need someone experienced next time, hopefully next summer at tgdd Ed latest.

I’m done with Pickford, but speaking to my Burnley mate, Pope is not the answer.

I think we need someone experienced next time, hopefully next summer at tgdd Ed latest.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying we should get pope either. Just that having a mistake is natural. Even Southall had a few high profile blunders that made him look very silly. But it didn't define him because he was a great player. Pickford is in over his head, so the mistakes just serve to highlight the other flaws in his game.

Walking back from the pub last season and walking through Parkend car park just as a number of players coming out, all of them stopping for a chat with fans to sign autographs etc. The key exception? Jordan Pickford. Cap on, head down and ignoring shouts from the kids for autographs. If his inability as a goalkeeper wasn't enough to not like this guy...

That has made me feel ill all over again............will it never end?
Pickfo

A very average goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.