2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most chelsea fans i hear will tell you otherwise about their defence. A look at the table confirms it aswell. Conceded 44 goals. By a long way the worst in the current top 8. They dont need another keeper who doesnt bring confidence to an already leaky defence
Neither do we. Im torn of wether its a priority tbh. Given the choice id rather replace most of the midfield as the priority.
The thing is with that one mate is that the RS won the title with an average midfield discounting Fermino. If you can class him as a midfielder. But they spent the whole budget on a keeper and centre half.

The thing is with that one mate is that the RS won the title with an average midfield discounting Fermino. If you can class him as a midfielder. But they spent the whole budget on a keeper and centre half.
Thing is though, their midfield isn't average at what it's supposed to do. It's not creative, but very very few teams get the upper hand over their midfield, it controls games for them, just not necessarily in the traditional way.

His antics wind me up like no other, like someone else mentioned earlier when he ran a half a mile out of his goal for a ball that was clearly going out and then he does that silly little jump in the air i screamed at my tv get back in your goal you dummy.

Thing is though, their midfield isn't average at what it's supposed to do. It's not creative, but very very few teams get the upper hand over their midfield, it controls games for them, just not necessarily in the traditional way.
Yes mate I totally agree with you. But the reason they control most games is down to their work rate, not necessarily their ability. They just anticipate things and make sure they get there quicker and that's down to training and coaching.

True. attacking wise and their fullbacks being part of that meant they were knocking on the door anyway. They fixed the one issue they had.
We have a lot of fixing.

thought he was having good game and then the mistske he really needs to cut out the mistakes. Also his kicking looks to go short to much we have players who can challenge hit out wide to dcl to win header then rich or whoever to get the flick on and attack

thought he was having good game and then the mistske he really needs to cut out the mistakes. Also his kicking looks to go short to much we have players who can challenge hit out wide to dcl to win header then rich or whoever to get the flick on and attack
Agree on the mistakes but the kicking will be what he's been told to do by the coaching staff

True. attacking wise and their fullbacks being part of that meant they were knocking on the door anyway. They fixed the one issue they had.
We have a lot of fixing.
Yeah but my point is they still had the average midfield before they bought the keeper and centre back. Yes they where knocking on the door but they where knocking on the door with that midfield. So it's got to be down to coaching. If he'd had more money I'm sure he would have bought better midfielders than he already had.

How many points have been lost this season through his errors, any idea?

Need to sell and cash in.

Turned his back for their goal

Almost caused an own goal by fumbling a simple pick up

Gifted a chance at end by chickening out of punch or catch
I thought that as well, but the replay showed that Iheanacho never took a shot. Holgate's clearance hit him in the face and went in, I think it's really stretching to blame Pickford there. The only thing you could chastise him for there is possibly not making a strong enough shout to claim for the ball. He clearly starts moving to pick it up, hence why you've mistaken that action as turning his back. However, we don't know if he shouted, how early, and how loudly. Even then, defenders are taught to ignore keepers shouts half the time anyway, so it may not even have made a difference. In that instance, the ball traveled so fast into a dangerous zone that it's just instinct for Holgate to clear it, so the only blame can be laid on a poor clearance.
Pickford annoys me, but we have to be fair, he didn't turn his back, and this goal isn't his fault.

His one where he spooned it through his legs and onto Keane was much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.