2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was bricking it when they got that last minute free kick. I've not got much confidence in him at all right now.

Why?

He's generally good in those sort of situations. Shot stopping is one of his strengths.

When we concede a corner i worry a bit for him but thats another story

Why?

He's generally good in those sort of situations. Shot stopping is one of his strengths.

When we concede a corner i worry a bit for him but thats another story
Instinctive shot stopping is one of his strengths. Or rather, his strength. Shots from around the edge of the box have been a massive issue for him though, he's been beaten far too easily for my liking by quite a lot of them.

Instinctive shot stopping is one of his strengths. Or rather, his strength. Shots from around the edge of the box have been a massive issue for him though, he's been beaten far too easily for my liking by quite a lot of them.
That second bit and the fact it was basically the last kick of the match.

Jury is still out on Pickford...

I would hope the lad matures & improves with age...

He does have his shortcomings but providing he listens,learns & improves could be a better all round keeper...

Current deficiencies ...

Panics & makes hasty decisions...
Fails to control six yard box from crosses & corners...
Rushes out of his goal needs better judgement calls...
Over complicates saves making them look spectacular rather than simplifying...

We need a better goalkeeper than Jordan Pickford, but that certainly isn't Joe Hart. I honestly don't think Pickford's any better than Joel Robles, who I quite like.
Still, midfield is a bigger priority for me.

We need a better goalkeeper than Jordan Pickford, but that certainly isn't Joe Hart. I honestly don't think Pickford's any better than Joel Robles, who I quite like.
Still, midfield is a bigger priority for me.

After watching the game on Monday not sure that Pope would be better either.

Status
Not open for further replies.