2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
You build form the back. Pickford being here means we're building on sand.

If that's the case, Carlo will want another centre back and fullback first. Zero plans to replace the keeper.

I'll always say he needs competition though. See what he's like when he's dropped from England and a "solid" pair of hands that everyone seems to be purring about comes in as back up to fight for his spot.

For once dave I’m going agree with you. He has become the biggest liability in the team. Seems to make the hard saves look easy and the easy ones that myself (being a Sunday league keeper) could save hard. The guy has the biggest ego to boot when in actual fact he’s a bellend
TBF, I think his attitude off the pitch is equally sickening to his onfield calamities.

This is a fanbase that wont accept arrogance and insincerity.

He's finished here.

IMO, once the end of the season comes he and his agent will be told in no uncertain terms by Ancelotti that he'll face competition here now for his place, and that if he doesn't like that he needs to sort himself a new club.

TBF, I think his attitude off the poitch is equally sickening to his onfield clamaities.

He's finished here.

IMO, once the end of the season comes he and his agent will be told in no uncertain terms by Ancelotti that he'll face competition here now for his place, and that if he doesn't like that he needs to sort himself a new club.
I mean listening to Ancelotti in his interviews he seems to like him but maybe playing his card close to his chest.

it’s like he goes out his way to be seen by everyone good or bad and just doesn’t give a hoot which will like you say get the fan base on his back. This then leaves the club with a big decision to make

TBF, I think his attitude off the pitch is equally sickening to his onfield calamities.

He's finished here.

We were always only getting a number 2 to give him comp for the number 1 jersey-we were never getting rid of him no matter how many seem to think chelsea will sign him because they want him to have a good euros etc-thats my thinking

We were always only getting a number 2 to give him comp for the number 1 jersey-we were never getting rid of him no matter how many seem to think chelsea will sign him because they want him to have a good euros etc-thats my thinking
Surely if he plays well in the euro’s (if pope and Henderson) don’t overtake him which as it stands surely isn’t out the equation then he will be putting himself in the shop window

Would be dirt cheap him wouldn't he :coffee:

For the record I agree with you, keeper is one of the hardest positions to sign for. Even if you spend massive money it's no guarantee, especially if they haven't played in the Prem before. Having said that, there are bargains out there in more minor leagues. Because it's harder to show how good you really are, a few slip through the net (LOL UNINTENTIONAL).

In short: we need a specific scout for Eastern European goalkeepers 6'4+.

Surely if he plays well in the euro’s (if pope and Henderson) don’t overtake him which as it stands surely isn’t out the equation then he will be putting himself in the shop window
I just dont buy into this stuff that if he has a good euros that it auto means we will sell him,if anything it means we keep him more.-but thats me
only ever needed a number 2 to rival pickford for me-but anyway we will see

For the record I agree with you, keeper is one of the hardest positions to sign for. Even if you spend massive money it's no guarantee, especially if they haven't played in the Prem before. Having said that, there are bargains out there in more minor leagues. Because it's harder to show how good you really are, a few slip through the net (LOL UNINTENTIONAL).

In short: we need a specific scout for Eastern European goalkeepers 6'4+.

Of course. And thats gonna be tough.

Meanwhile...let's buy what we really need like a midfield, firepower, and some defence

I mean listening to Ancelotti in his interviews he seems to like him but maybe playing his card close to his chest.

it’s like he goes out his way to be seen by everyone good or bad and just doesn’t give a hoot which will like you say get the fan base on his back. This then leaves the club with a big decision to make

He's an experienced manager. He'll placate Pickford while he has to and then act to preserve his own status and reputation.

We'll see the required changes made over the summer in that position. I'm expecting a very good GK in. What team that's credible has one GK they allow to play on and on through months of terrible form?

Even that will be 10 x better than the current situation.

This club has neglected its responsibilities t the fans by allowing Pickford to be the automatic starter.

I think Carlo will get more out of Pickford and it would be premature to get rid of him - I see Adrian make a rickets at Chelsea tonight and De Gea didn't look to hot on Sunday. Pope and Henderson aren't a patch on Pickford; don't have his passing ability (which is important) and I'm not sure they would stand up to pressure. I remember Grobbeler making a few howlers and yet he made an impression on those others across the park.

The team are getting better every week under the management of Carlo, I think the same will happen with Pickford

He's an experienced manager. He'll placate Pickford while he has to and then act to preserve his own status and reputation.

We'll see the required changes made over the summer in that position. I'm expecting a very good GK in. What team that's credible has one GK they allow to play on and on through months of terrible form?
Well let’s see but you never know. He gets to see him every single day in training so might see stuff we dont

Well let’s see but you never know. He gets to see him every single day in training so might see stuff we dont

He gets to see him dive over and under goal bound shots every matchday too.

He's worked with the best GKs in the world. Pickford will be seen as a problem he HAS to address.

The problem many on here have though,is they say hes making a mistake all the time-when he clearly was not [some say hes never made saves that have a game changing effect when he has] -just so they can have the daily moan,even the odd one or two on here after just 1 season,that been the one he got actual awards from Everton fans said get rid.
Hasn't improved though. Still as average as he was when he joined.

Status
Not open for further replies.