2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could have been better, on alll their goal at least saved one also look at that stupid short pass out instead of hoofing it out nearly cost another goal but woodwork saved us.

Not he first time he has done stupid short passes out.

Name a keeper who does not make a mistake-there is not one, sitting there like hawkeye waiting for what you can call a mistake is stupid, any little thing he does has people moaning for the sake of it and you know its true, yes he just like others will make mistakes,but some call near enough every single thing he does as one even if its not no matter what it is - boring as usual

And off course you do lol
Name a keeper who saves 20% of opponents shots that are on target...

I'm actually at the point where if I see a shot is on target, I'm thinking "ok, so that's a goal"...it's bloody sad man.

Name a keeper who does not make a mistake-there is not one, sitting there like hawkeye waiting for what you can call a mistake is stupid, any little thing he does has people moaning for the sake of it and you know its true, yes he just like others will make mistakes,but some call near enough every single thing he does as one even if its not no matter what it is - boring as usual

Thing is the chance he gave away when they hit the bar,he looked ever so slightly amused.

Thing is the chance he gave away when they hit the bar,he looked ever so slightly amused.
No ideas didnt look at his face, was just having heart attack about what he did, as i said he should not have even attempted to play that ball to sig, and utterly no idea why he did it when there were so many players around sig, we have to stop this playing from the back - keeper to defender/defender to keeper-we do it to much for my liking as we will get caught,you have seen better teams like City/Arsenal maybe get caught and when you see stuff like that i would hope it stops us doing it

I'm.not pickfords greatest fan. Too small for me as I personally like a taller keeper and ATM is making a lot of mistakes. We need a decent keeper to put pressure on him. Maybe if he was dropped he would start learning how to be a keeper again. Seems too safe in the team and only really worried about his England place.

Still chuckling at some in this thread who think a big money offer from the likes of chelsea may come in for him. Like 90% of those who came in under koeman we're stuck with unless we sell at a loss. The way errors are creeping into his game is very dangerous. Once keepers get that tag its virtualy impossible to lose it. Which leads to a downward spiral in confidence.

Not a Chelsea, though they've shown their own scouting on keepers isn't great. Maybe a newly promoted side or someone in Europe who is on the limits of the home grown rule? A good tournament may help.

Could have been better, on alll their goal at least saved one also look at that stupid short pass out instead of hoofing it out nearly cost another goal but woodwork saved us.

Not he first time he has done stupid short passes out.

I'd forgotten that one. I think there were three Arsenal players pressing when he tried to make a pass that was never on. Very lucky not to concede on that occasion.

I'm.not pickfords greatest fan. Too small for me as I personally like a taller keeper and ATM is making a lot of mistakes. We need a decent keeper to put pressure on him. Maybe if he was dropped he would start learning how to be a keeper again. Seems too safe in the team and only really worried about his England place.

That would be reminiscent of Joe Hart.. and the problem would be if we did drop and he sulked then we get next to nothing for him. Literally another Joe Hart situation here, very similar types of keeper too in terms of personality.

I somehow cannot see us getting rid of him mainly due to their being no takers - but would like us to bring someone in to properly challenge his position.

I think it’s time to get rid while he is still England’s number one. I would go big on Dean Henderson. He’s been quality for Sheffield Utd for the last two years and is only going to get better

Why would Henderson want to come to a club lower than his own team? A move down in the world from a probable European qualifier is hardly ambitious? Try finding a keeper in the Championship, there might be some decent ones there, maybe as backup.

That would be reminiscent of Joe Hart.. and the problem would be if we did drop and he sulked then we get next to nothing for him. Literally another Joe Hart situation here, very similar types of keeper too in terms of personality.

I somehow cannot see us getting rid of him mainly due to their being no takers - but would like us to bring someone in to properly challenge his position.

Difference being, City signed him from Shrewsbury, ahead of us weirdly enough, for less than £1, and he gave them a few good years before he lost his way. I actually still wanted us to get Hart a few years ago but he has dropped off considerably since then.

Best case scenario for us is us getting a new No. 1 and him going out on loan for games to stay in England reckoning and he impresses enough to get a fee, similar to what happened at United with Howard.

All keepers make mistakes, if they don't they are risk averse and ultimately that is counter productive.

Pickford's challenge appears to be his own headspace, he makes an error, gets angry with himself and his head is gone. Even more worryingly, not only does he not recover during a game with an error, he seems to drag errors from game two game.

Allison is an example of the opposite of this, he makes errors no doubt but over it 10 seconds later and back playing the ball out, holding a high line when needed etc.

I think the 1st was saveable. I have no idea on his attempted save, it was weird. He didn't even attempt to dive
All are saveable if you know where the ball will go. He seemed to spread himself in the hope the ball would go towards the middle of the goal. If it had then it could have been the save that turned the game. The thing that did turn the game was the injury to Kolasniac that led to Saka coming on.

Status
Not open for further replies.