2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest concern with Pickford, is he any better than he was 3 years ago when we signed him? For me he’s not and he should be.

That could also be down to our goalkeeping coach.

I'd arguably say he's got worse, his mistakes are more frequent unless it just seems that way this season.

Reactions: JLW
Agree Dave; Carlo cannot exactly say he's useless and we are going to replace him. He will hype him in the hope (forlorn I'm afraid to say) that somebody bids for him. We reluctantly ship him out and get a proper goalkeeper.

I'm pinning my hopes on him having a good European championship and someone watching decides to pay a premium for a home grown keeper. His reputation may at that point exceed his true level.

I rewatched the 3rd goal several times, and I still don't know what he was doing. It looked like a glitch in a computer game. He dives, stretching his arms out, but doesn't move towards the ball at all. It looks like he's being dragged away from the ball by the feet. It's bizarre.

People saying they don't know what he couldve done differently, that none of their goals were stoppable. Well I think that 1 was. It wasn't a bullet header, it wasn't in the corner or just inside the post, it wasn't headed down low.

He has conceded 8 of the last 10 shots on target according to the stats. I know the save from Benteke was 1 of them, and I know Watford and Newcastle scored with both of theirs. I genuinely can't recall the other save he made yesterday. But if a team is gonna score with every chance, it makes it very hard for us to get anything from a game, especially an away game where we score twice.

Needs replacing ASAP.

A top keeper saves that header. It was pretty central. Yet he was nowhere.

He has a terrible habit of getting into horrendous positions which give him no chance of saving saveable shots.

He hasn't won us points in a long time. He let's in well over half of all efforts he faces. Hes just overrated and worse than that, hes overconfident and immature.

I said it at the time and I stand by it.... He turned up after the world cup with a completely different persona. He started making rash decisions on a weekly basis. Something changed that summer and he's been poor ever since.

A top keeper saves that header. It was pretty central. Yet he was nowhere.

He has a terrible habit of getting into horrendous positions which give him no chance of saving saveable shots.

He hasn't won us points in a long time. He let's in well over half of all efforts he faces. Hes just overrated and worse than that, hes overconfident and immature.

I said it at the time and I stand by it.... He turned up after the world cup with a completely different persona. He started making rash decisions on a weekly basis. Something changed that summer and he's been poor ever since.
It is into the corner lol he had no chance of saving it or any of the other goals-funny how so many of us see the same things in a complete different way

Only one I'll criticise is the second as I think he needs to come out further for that. Auba picks the ball up well outside the box and from that moment Pickford doesn't move whatsoever off his 6-yard line giving the striker all the time to spot the gap. Great finish but I'd have liked him to come out and make it harder to hit.

Only one I'll criticise is the second as I think he needs to come out further for that. Auba picks the ball up well outside the box and from that moment Pickford doesn't move whatsoever off his 6-yard line giving the striker all the time to spot the gap. Great finish but I'd have liked him to come out and make it harder to hit.
I think if he comes out Aub squares it to whoever was running in at far post. Don't think he could have saved any of the goals personally but it does worry me that he wasn't even close to saving any of them.

Still chuckling at some in this thread who think a big money offer from the likes of chelsea may come in for him. Like 90% of those who came in under koeman we're stuck with unless we sell at a loss. The way errors are creeping into his game is very dangerous. Once keepers get that tag its virtualy impossible to lose it. Which leads to a downward spiral in confidence.

Did you not watch the game before arsenal for us then-why do people pick certain things out to suit what they want to moan about,when we dont conceed,people still moan about his kicking,standing whatever,its simply silly as much as the ones that are looking for something on him for the 3 goals,the ones that he had no chance with on any-fair enough people hate him and why adverts and co have to be included in there hate for him i have no idea lol
so many experts in the poor positional skills market/mental field on here who think they know everything about pickford
We do.

He's poor people.

Just accept it, so that the next time he makes another mistake (and yes, there will be a next time) you just shrug, and move on.

It's the only way to stay sane where he's concerned.

He's poor people.

Just accept it, so that the next time he makes another mistake (and yes, there will be a next time) you just shrug, and move on.

It's the only way to stay sane where he's concerned.
Name a keeper who does not make a mistake-there is not one, sitting there like hawkeye waiting for what you can call a mistake is stupid, any little thing he does has people moaning for the sake of it and you know its true, yes he just like others will make mistakes,but some call near enough every single thing he does as one even if its not no matter what it is - boring as usual

And off course you do lol

Status
Not open for further replies.