2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, just no.

First half: pounced on the ball then LOST the ball and almost cost us; then the shot that hit the post too. He cant sort his head out and decide whether to clear with his feet or get a hand down to the ball...and in that indecision he's cost us time and time again....as it did again today with that Benteke goal.

Three balls ups and one decent save. That's his ratio and it's not good enough.

LOL only you cold hold this against him

LOL only you cold hold this against him
How is that not a mistake? He was nowhere near it if the ball had been 2 inches the other side of the post. He didn't get down quick enough. It was an effort that needed clearing with the feet and he was confused about what he should do: feet or hand down.

His judgement is chronic.

No, just no.

First half: pounced on the ball then LOST the ball and almost cost us; then the shot that hit the post too. He cant sort his head out and decide whether to clear with his feet or get a hand down to the ball...and in that indecision he's cost us time and time again....as it did again today with that Benteke goal.

Three balls ups and one decent save. That's his ratio and it's not good enough.
Just watched the highlights. If that shot from zaha would have been on target Pickford wouldn't have saved it. Terrible being beat on his near post. Makes too.many mistakes

Jordan has everything to be world class. It’s all down to coaching him and getting him to the top of his game mentally more than anything. Carlo and good coaches will get the best out of players and I hope they can do that with Jordan. At the moment he’s hit and miss. The hardest position on the pitch no doubt, once you make a few mistakes it sticks wth you and it’s hard to shake of the criticism. I don’t think it would do us any harm to bring in a good number 2 to give proper competition to him but Jordan can be our keeper for years if he gets the support and coaching to be the top keeper he can be and what we need. Keep the faith

How is that not a mistake? He was nowhere near it if the ball had been 2 inches the other side of the post. He didn't get down quick enough. It was an effort that needed clearing with the feet and he was confused about what he should do: feet or hand down.

His judgement is chronic.
It hit the post mate, no keeper would have got it apart from all the keepers in your head

Jordan has everything to be world class. It’s all down to coaching him and getting him to the top of his game mentally more than anything. Carlo and good coaches will get the best out of players and I hope they can do that with Jordan. At the moment he’s hit and miss. The hardest position on the pitch no doubt, once you make a few mistakes it sticks wth you and it’s hard to shake of the criticism. I don’t think it would do us any harm to bring in a good number 2 to give proper competition to him but Jordan can be our keeper for years if he gets the support and coaching to be the top keeper he can be and what we need. Keep the faith
He doesent have everything though does he.
Unless he's going to have a sudden growth spurt.

Are you suggesting because he ain’t 6’7” he hasn’t got everything?
I'm saying he's too small.
I'm saying he's thick.
I'm saying he acts Bobby Big balls driving his Lamborghini round Sunderland and getting into grief.
And I'm saying I never forgave him for the howler at Anfield.

And I have been consistent with my views on him for quite a while.

Clearly you think otherwise, which is sound, as it's your opinion on an internet forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.