2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must admit at this point that we could do with better really.

Can't command his box or instill any confidence in his defenders.. pretty lethal combination that.

That's the problem, he just can't command his penalty box, he looks almost scared at times to come off his line, he just doesn't have the tools to be a top keeper, he's just alright, nothing more.

As i posted above, a position that should we start doing the business further up the field, then when we get near the top 4, goalkeeper position becomes a problem.

Can be a very good, instinctive shot stopper. His command of his area though? Non-existent.

I mean look at where he dives when he tries to save the first shot, why would you dive into the back of the net? That leaves him with no chance to deal with the next shot before it goes over the line, utter clown.

3mui72.gif

That 'jump' into the net is the funniest thing I have ever seen, even my missus was in stitches. What's even funnier is some people trying to make excuses for him there. lol

I honestly think he has real ability but wilts in pressure situations and has poor decision making skills. How you coach that into a person is anyone’s guess, but I think he will be dropped very soon. A real shame as he’s young, skilful and a bit of a character.

In terms of FFP he's the only saleable asset we could flog to allow a big summer of investment.

I still dont think he's the main issue but if someone offered £50 million I would sell him - get Pope or Dubravka in for £25 million and reinvest the rest in a CM, CB & RW.

So the plan is Sell Pickford for twice the price he's worth, buy a better player for half the price we sold him for?

Status
Not open for further replies.