2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean look at where he dives when he tries to save the first shot, why would you dive into the back of the net? That leaves him with no chance to deal with the next shot before it goes over the line, utter clown.

3mui72.gif

Our 2 centre halves making love there on the sideline as well.

yes he makes a dive in anticipation for the shot that is fair but why is he jumping two yards behind his line to do it? Them two yards is what ultimately cost him.

Why are our two CBs off the pitch mate?

Like I said he doesn't cover himself in glory whatsoever. But it's not just down to him.

I mean look at where he dives when he tries to save the first shot, why would you dive into the back of the net? That leaves him with no chance to deal with the next shot before it goes over the line, utter clown.

3mui72.gif
You can't tell me that's good keeping.

You can tell he was desperate for a MOTD moment at the end of the match with this.

Just because they're out of the play that still doesn't explain why this tit jumped back behind a line to make a save Toff.

Watch the clip again. He's gone to his near post (and should have done better there) and then dived back from there across behind the defenders. Look at the angle of it and where he was and where he jumps to.

That shot doesn't get blocked and the irony is Pickford probably gets something on it. Whether he saves it or not we'll never know.

DCL blocks it and the rebound falls back and none of the players react.

You can't tell me that's good keeping.

You can tell he was desperate for a MOTD moment at the end of the match with this.

It's not good goalkeeping. His initial - major - error is at the near post though.

I fail to see how Delph being a pleb and Davies/Holgate/Mina/Digne all completely missing their men equates to Pickford wanting an MOTD moment, though.

When he joined I honestly thought he was going to be the best Everton keeper since Nev.
He's not very good, is he?
His only plus for me is he can make excellent reaction saves, such as West Ham Saturday,unfortunately he cannot command his box, he causes confusion as he does not appear to communicate with his defenders, it also seems to be "Jordans way"or no way as he appears quite arrogant which in football can be a good thing if you can back it up, he can't, we will easily recoup(and more)the dough on this fella, as he has a high stock through Ingerlund,he is not good enough in my humble opinion, hopefully this has been noticed and a new keeper will be identified for next term.

In terms of FFP he's the only saleable asset we could flog to allow a big summer of investment.

I still dont think he's the main issue but if someone offered £50 million I would sell him - get Pope or Dubravka in for £25 million and reinvest the rest in a CM, CB & RW.

Why are our two CBs off the pitch mate?

Like I said he doesn't cover himself in glory whatsoever. But it's not just down to him.
It's not all his fault but he takes a large chunk of the blame for me. As for our CB's they were tunnel visioned on the ball trying to stop the cross, As the ball goes over Holgate, Mina is already charging towards it like a bull and Holgate is trying to stop it as well since it went over him in the first place. Like I said it's not just Pickford alone it's a order of monumental cock ups but he takes a large slice of the blame pie for me, The two yards he dived backed made a huge difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.