2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't give you any abuse (at least I hope not) but I did write this:

and without wanting to be kneejerk about it, last night I changed my mind. They should work with him, they should say the nice things in public and quietly, behind the scenes, Brands needs to be looking for a better option and hopefully a buyer for JP.

He is done - the only impressive parts of his game are the "TV saves" they look amazing, but mainly because his feet are wrong & he has to overcompensate for bad positioning.

he is not good enough, he makes too many stupid errors, his save % is way way too low and his disribution is only ok.

There's 11 players on the pitch who I would be happy to replace if a better replacement came along at the right price. Pickford is moving up the replacement priority list now. Can't believe he is so hapless at times. All his mistakes you could write off as silly if it was once in a blue moon, but it's seemingly every game or so now and that's not defensible. Such a key position, and needs sorting sooner rather than later. Any reason for not swapping him out will only be due to other positions being even more of a priority.

No defending JP at fault for both goals reminded me after a nights sleep then turning the lights on nowt to do for 93mins then that all over the place

There's 11 players on the pitch who I would be happy to replace if a better replacement came along at the right price. Pickford is moving up the replacement priority list now. Can't believe he is so hapless at times. All his mistakes you could write off as silly if it was once in a blue moon, but it's seemingly every game or so now and that's not defensible. Such a key position, and needs sorting sooner rather than later. Any reason for not swapping him out will only be due to other positions being even more of a priority.

You are right, too many silly basic errors, thinking that GK is a position to look at.

You are right, too many silly basic errors, thinking that GK is a position to look at.
And most of those errors could be worked on too - but they keep coming up. Time after time. I don't see him here in 2 seasons time. I wouldn't be surprised if he went in summer.

He can do whatever he wants because he wont be dropped.

Drop Pickford for Lossl, have one of Usmanov's contacts make Niasse take a long holiday, loan davies out to whoever can get him to wake up, id even go as far as dropping Digne for Baines who has been underperforming defensively for a while now.

Maybe im looking for a reason to hate morgan because i think he is spineless and did play well yesterday, but i was not suprised to see him take the restart and not take any responsibility by dropping in next to delph at 2-1 and trying to link the play for the remaining 30 seconds.

Like i say probably just me looking for a excuse for the result.

He is done - the only impressive parts of his game are the "TV saves" they look amazing, but mainly because his feet are wrong & he has to overcompensate for bad positioning.

he is not good enough, he makes too many stupid errors, his save % is way way too low and his disribution is only ok.

The positioning point is a good one. The best keepers don't make lots of eye grabbing saves, because their positioning and reading of the game means they don't have to.

Problem with that is his value would plummet.

Yes, little point in devaluing our investment, unless you have a much better replacement.

I would say nice things in public, get to the summer, hope for a decent Championship for JP with England and then leak something about EFC reluctantly needing to sell for FFP purposes and hope to get a good price that way.

Not saying he covered himself in glory - he shouldn't have let it get past him at the near post for one - but ffs, if he doesn't dive to make a save from a shot which DCL blocks, then he's in place to make the save.

Had it too comfortable for too long, no competition whatsoever. He'll never dominate his box and his shot stopping saves him at times. However the mistakes and rashness is becoming a regular occurrence now. Any decent bid for him £40-£60mill should be considered. Be all over that Ryan at Brighton if/when he goes.

The positioning point is a good one. The best keepers don't make lots of eye grabbing saves, because their positioning and reading of the game means they don't have to.

Yes, little point in devaluing our investment, unless you have a much better replacement.

I would say nice things in public, get to the summer, hope for a decent Championship for JP with England and then leak something about EFC reluctantly needing to sell for FFP purposes and hope to get a good price that way.

Makes sense, although I think you are making a big assumption suggesting he will start in the summer. Henderson for me

Status
Not open for further replies.