2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was very surprised that Carlo kept the same goalkeeping coach when he arrived.

Think Kelly was the U23 GK coach. Silva had Hugo Oliveira who is thought to be one of the best, so doesn’t bode well for Pickford improving as he didn’t really kick on whilst he was here. I think Carlo will add to his team in the summer when he knows what he needs. I think because Dunc had done ok he didn’t want to change everything straight away.

As the stats say he is very low end Prem class/Championshop class. Its not his fault. Dont know why its a surprise - one look at him
and you can see he isnt tall/big enough to be an outstanding keeper.

He has made dozens of mistakes for Everton, and a fair few for England.

The other reason to get rid or drop is he doesnt appear a team player and has no leadership skills. He laughs when we get hammered and when he makes mistakes.

As with Glyfi/Scheid I think its worth binning him for teamspirit/future thinking/making a statement even if he marginally better than Lossl/Stek.

For all his outward confidence and persona he doesn’t command his box or give any assurance he is the voice the back line listen to. I think he took one cross from outside his six yard box Sunday leaving the majority of corners and high balls to one of the other ten men he had back defending each set piece. His decision making is erratic noticeably when our defence have been turned and are facing him, is he coming to claim or not, so it sees us hesitant and panicky....the handball outside the box against Burnley (and no mans land v Spurs the previous year for the equaliser ....where he was also lucky not to be sent off for his petulance in taking an offside Dele out). The December Derby final result and humiliationprobably saved closer scrutiny of his erratic decision making for at least two, if not three of their goals.

To give balance his saves against Palace, Arsenal and Watford this season have all ensured we took points from tight games. His stock, like many of our first team, has fallen in football circles and I can’t see that he has improved as a player since he first arrived but few have. He probably isn’t as good as he thinks he is and the next few months will be key in deciding whether he remains England’s first choice as I think both Pope and Henderson are pushing for that slot.

He has a huge ego if he were to be dropped by Southgate it would hit him hard. So it’s over to him to prove that he deserves that shirt because I can’t see him being challenged for ours in the immediate future and that may be part of the problem. He isn’t wanted by any other big team, the jury is out, so time to buckle down and get on with it.

For all his outward confidence and persona he doesn’t command his box or give any assurance he is the voice the back line listen to. I think he took one cross from outside his six yard box Sunday leaving the majority of corners and high balls to one of the other ten men he had back defending each set piece. His decision making is erratic noticeably when our defence have been turned and are facing him, is he coming to claim or not, so it sees us hesitant and panicky....the handball outside the box against Burnley (and no mans land v Spurs the previous year for the equaliser ....where he was also lucky not to be sent off for his petulance in taking an offside Dele out). The December Derby final result and humiliationprobably saved closer scrutiny of his erratic decision making for at least two, if not three of their goals.

To give balance his saves against Palace, Arsenal and Watford this season have all ensured we took points from tight games. His stock, like many of our first team, has fallen in football circles and I can’t see that he has improved as a player since he first arrived but few have. He probably isn’t as good as he thinks he is and the next few months will be key in deciding whether he remains England’s first choice as I think both Pope and Henderson are pushing for that slot.

He has a huge ego if he were to be dropped by Southgate it would hit him hard. So it’s over to him to prove that he deserves that shirt because I can’t see him being challenged for ours in the immediate future and that may be part of the problem. He isn’t wanted by any other big team, the jury is out, so time to buckle down and get on with it.
He's actually very average. Sell him and buy a Good keeper.

Just hope what Ancellotti said doesn'tmake his head any bigger. Really hope he does get better as he gets older. For me an adequate goalie who makes a lot of mistakes, doesn't command his box and his ball distribution which was very good has got worse. And as I constantly say on here too small for me. He hasn't got any better than when he first arrived. Needs to.knuckle down in training and let's hope he does get better

Status
Not open for further replies.