2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
said to my lad we should have sold him after the world cup when his stock was high, pulls of the odd show stopper , but not steady enough for me and don't think i have ever seen a so called top keeper have less command of his area, he has gone backwards since.
Sometimes at the back you need a calming influence he is far from that, average at best shame as he looked very decent when he first arrived.

Totally second that.

Any scout worth their salt should have seen that, he's consistent, agile and a great shot stopper. Plus he's not an arrogant sort.

Was with Basel for years, winning title after title, was after a move to a bigger league, was a good age. Borussia Mönchengladbach were decisive and he's been excellent for them since 2014.

They are also currently top of the Bundesliga with a strong defence, and his defenders have spoken about the confidence he instils in them.

Anyway.....

Great teams start from the GK up.

Thought he was poor for Liverpools' second goal, but unbelievably poor for their first. A keeper has to dominate his area and make clear his intentions to his defence. His decision making was woeful. Personally, I'd rather have a basic keeper who does the basics well.

I would think that the first job of the new manager will be to get Pickford and our defenders together and introduce them to each other.

Pickford, another example that we are still paying the price for the most inept recruitment in our entire history.

Could the soft drinks industry please run another Tango promotion with footage of Koeman and Walsh being slapped silly by a guy with big orange rubber gloves. Now that might cheer me up a bit!

Harsh to put blame to Pickford for last night. He was a bit stranded for the first, but no where near as flat footed as Kean or Mina. Tbf to Origi it was a great first touch as well

Harsh to put blame to Pickford for last night. He was a bit stranded for the first, but no where near as flat footed as Kean or Mina. Tbf to Origi it was a great first touch as well
"a bit stranded"! He was bending down to pick up the ball two yards behind where Origi intercepted it, the gormless tool.

He was that bad I'd start Lossl over him against Chelsea. A keeper who faces 5 shots and concedes 5 should be nowhere near the starting 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.