2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blaming the strikers every time you don't score or the keeper every time you concede is pretty low quality understanding of the game. Not his best game, but also far from the reason we didn't win.
He simply had all day to save it and gave them a lead. For me he is like Tim Howard, OK but never fills me with confidence.

How many times though can we keep saying not his best game ? You can't afford mistakes from your goalkeeper every other game in the premier league if you are serious about getting top 4 etc...
I'm sick of being a mid table team. It's boring. So some ambition Everton.
Goalkeeper is not the position that is stopping us from competing for the top 4. It's probably like 7th on the list of needed improvements

Blaming the strikers every time you don't score or the keeper every time you concede is pretty low quality understanding of the game. Not his best game, but also far from the reason we didn't win.
Fantastic Nobody blamed him for every goal did they. You are moving the conversation to one that never existed to make a point against one that was never raised. You could be PM or President with that attitude.

Would rate it as 3rd myself.
I've got CM, CM, CM a third time, CB and RB ahead of it.

Coleman was great today but he's been up and down at best this season and like Baines recently it is becoming clear that he just doesn't have the legs to play in fast paced games defensively. Watch how long it takes him to close down players when the ball is switched to his side.

I like Keane but I don't think he has it and a smaller faster player to cover Mina wouldn't be a bad idea.

I think we have some decent players in midfield. Gomes and Delph are fine, Schneiderlin is having a decent season and Gbamin could still come good. But if we are going to push on we need someone to replace Sigurdsson, we need a true box to box threat and we probably need a better anchor (maybe Gbamin is this guy but too early to say).

And that's assuming that all of our young wingers and strikers continue improving. It's possible we will need an improvement there before we need to seriously consider whether Pickford is good enough. It's just way down the list.

I still think there is the potential to be a decent keeper in Pickford. However, his over confidence is very concerning, he thinks he can bring the ball out of his box like Bobby Moore in his prime, it nearly cost us a goal today and will on another day, he seemed to think it was amusing too.
All keepers are capable of breathtaking saves, it’s what they practice all week, what makes the difference between a competent keeper and a very good one is making fewer mistakes. At this moment in time, Pickford’s lapses of concentration and his tendency to think he is the best keeper in the league is holding him back. As for his repeated interviews stating that he is a much calmer player this season, words fail me.

I've got CM, CM, CM a third time, CB and RB ahead of it.

Coleman was great today but he's been up and down at best this season and like Baines recently it is becoming clear that he just doesn't have the legs to play in fast paced games defensively. Watch how long it takes him to close down players when the ball is switched to his side.

I like Keane but I don't think he has it and a smaller faster player to cover Mina wouldn't be a bad idea.

I think we have some decent players in midfield. Gomes and Delph are fine, Schneiderlin is having a decent season and Gbamin could still come good. But if we are going to push on we need someone to replace Sigurdsson, we need a true box to box threat and we probably need a better anchor (maybe Gbamin is this guy but too early to say).

And that's assuming that all of our young wingers and strikers continue improving. It's possible we will need an improvement there before we need to seriously consider whether Pickford is good enough. It's just way down the list.
Take 4 paracetomol before you go to bed tonight.

Being brutally honest I'm not sure he'd be any other clubs first choice. Championship players have made it into the England team before so it's no sign of his quality.

If your keeper is weak on crosses, you need your centre backs to be commanding and dominant in the air and we are not attacking space far too often, leaving attackers with free runs. The back 3 triangle need to communicate better.

Status
Not open for further replies.