2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of you are praying he has a terrible season so you can come in here and tell everyone you were right?

Be honest now kids.

giphy.gif

I raise you

I’m sure there was a few where dived to one direction before the striker had even shot. He was a reactions keeper who never relied on positioning because of his shot stopping skill. As soon as his reactions went he was utterly shot similar to Shay Given and Casillas somewhat. By the end Howard was completely useless.

Honestly I can’t take any more abuse off Fat Gaz down at the Butchers Arms, I just need to be right about something so I can go in there with my head held high.
Man 1: “See him over there in the corner?”
*points at Biggsy*

Man 2: “Yeah?”

Man 1: “He once had trials at Everton didn’t he. Knows loads about footie doesn’t he. Said Pickford was s*** didn’t he”

Man 2: *looks at Biggsy with great admiration and respect*

Jordan Pickford says he has matured since off-field drama

Jordan Pickford enjoyed another fine afternoon as England's first-choice goalkeeper on Sunday and insists off-field drama earlier in the year has only helped him grow.

The Three Lions finished the inaugural Nations League tournament in third place as Pickford scored from the spot and then saved the decisive kick to secure penalty shoot-out success over Switzerland.
It is the second-successive England shoot-out where Pickford has starred after he saved from Carlos Bacca in the World Cup round-of-16 clash against Colombia last year.

Jordan Pickford enjoyed another fine afternoon as England's No 1 in Guimaraes on Sunday's No 1 in Guimaraes on Sunday

Jordan Pickford enjoyed another fine afternoon as England's No 1 in Guimaraes on Sunday

It has not been all plain sailing for the goalkeeper, however, as he suffered a mid-season slump in form for club side Everton.
Pickford was also involved in a scuffle in a bar in April after watching former club Sunderland lose the Checkatrade Trophy final to Portsmouth.

He was disciplined by Everton following the fracas but insists he has learned from the incident and is now happy to spend time at home with his fiancee and newborn child.
'It was just one of them, I don't think there is much more to say,' he said after the win over Switzerland.

Pickford scored from the spot and then saved the decisive penalty against Switzerland

Pickford scored from the spot and then saved the decisive penalty against Switzerland
'You learn from everything, how to become a man and grow.
'I've got a little baby now and life has changed so with the little baby and my missus it is a totally different lifestyle now and it is great.
'I think the main thing about it is that I am a normal lad - but then sometimes you have got to realise you are not a normal lad, you are an England footballer.

'I just want to be a normal lad but you have got to realise certain situations but you learn from it like you learn from everything.
'So you move on from that and after that incident I pushed on at the end of the season, a lot of clean sheets. It just shows my character, it is what it is.'
Pickford revealed he had never taken a competitive penalty but struck home England's fifth of the shoot-out with aplomb.

Pickford suffered a dip in form at Everton and was involved in off-field drama earlier this year

Pickford suffered a dip in form at Everton and was involved in off-field drama earlier this year
He then kept out Josip Drmic's effort in front of the celebrating England supporters - before claiming he has never felt under pressure since making his international debut in 2017.

'I think you always learn and always mature in every game - whether it is club or international level,' he added.
'For me, I've always been decent, I made my debut against Germany, 23 year-old playing in goal for England. What a better moment and I kept a clean sheet.

'I think I started on the front foot and there has been a lot of pressure but I don't feel pressure, I just want to go and express myself and do the best for the nation and for the team.
'If that is keeping clean sheets and keeping them well...I don't feel any pressure and just feel I can get better to better.'

Doesn’t feel pressure? Does he think all the sky cameras at st James park were turned off that night.

Nothing Howard did in a decade was ever nearly as bad as Pickford's mistake in the last Anfield derby.

There will not be any peace on this forum until he goes. So for the sake of peace and relief from this endless argument, get shut of him.

Liverpool and Newcastle fans hate him.

You have to admire that.

Sure, he comes across as a little arrogant through self belief - but as a club we could probably do with a bit more of that...

Status
Not open for further replies.