2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing he could do for the goal yesterday. 2 tidy international performances, albeit against a poor level of opposition (in comparison to the Premier League)

Yep, very hard to find fault with him over last night. That might upset some, but don't worry, your next opportunity to slag him off should come before long.

His debut season at Everton resulted in Pickford being voted players player of the season and Player of the season. He had a good season, a very good season.
He didnt. No keeper conceding that many goals had a good season, no matter age or team. Him being voted best anything by the club last season shows how valueless these ‘awards’ are. He’s on par this season with the last, yet somehow he was better last season. Doesnt make any sense at all.

He didnt. No keeper conceding that many goals had a good season, no matter age or team. Him being voted best anything by the club last season shows how valueless these ‘awards’ are. He’s on par this season with the last, yet somehow he was better last season. Doesnt make any sense at all.

OK all the supporters and players got it wrong.

OK all the supporters and players got it wrong.
They obviously did, if you belive anyone but Everton proper decides who gets those ‘awards’. The fans probably voted for him tho, a lot of us applauded him after the rs calamity and if thats the mentality, i guess calling him the best player of last season makes sense. Its blind, baseless madness, but whatever floats your boat.
Giving a keeper who conceded more than 1.5 goals pr match in avarage anything but a kick in the butt is dumb, ‘young’ or not. But its everyone else i guess, Pickford is just being stellar in a horrible team, and even his undoubtable quality just isnt enough, right?

They obviously did, if you belive anyone but Everton proper decides who gets those ‘awards’. The fans probably voted for him tho, a lot of us applauded him after the rs calamity and if thats the mentality, i guess calling him the best player of last season makes sense. Its blind, baseless madness, but whatever floats your boat.
Giving a keeper who conceded more than 1.5 goals pr match in avarage anything but a kick in the butt is dumb, ‘young’ or not. But its everyone else i guess, Pickford is just being stellar in a horrible team, and even his undoubtable quality just isnt enough, right?

Listen to yourself......because a goalie lets goals in then he is not very good. Seen Southall let 7 goals 6 goals 5 goals all in separate games yet no way can you say he was not good. Shilton has conceded at least 7 in a game and same applies to most keepers. Doesn't make them bad and doesn't prove anything but poor defence/playing against better teams etc. Pickford deserved the awards last season because although not being difficult to player of the season last season he undoubtedly had a good season, and world cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.