2017/18 Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think hes got a lot of talent ! I do go to u23 games a lot and watched England games with him ! and got rave reviews ! unsy saying hes the best RB for his age in the country ! Thing is he stunk the place out in the two preseason friendlies he started in ( so did other players ) ! Koeman not given him a chance since !

het gets forward a lot like, which is one of his biggest problems because he doesn't bother to get back, he is absolutely useless

Might be an idea to give him (and the rest of our full backs) some proper support and protection, it would not be as much of an issue then.

Martina and Lennon is the future I am telling you. What have we got to lose?

you're happy with a right side like that? sounds like something a brighton or bournemouth would have.

No of course not. But I am dealing with that we have available currently. Martina could bomb forward because Lennon has the ability to track back and cover. Also they both have pace which we are sorely lacking.

We all agree we need pace right? They are two of only a small handful of players in our squad who actually possess it so use them.

Lennon is a perfectly fine player anyway. He is no worse than Mirallas for example. High praise I know...

You could replace Kenny with Martina, Kenny can throw a cross in too and is more of an all rounder but either way whoever plays there needs some protection which Lennon can provide.

Koeman threw Pennington into the derby after no sign of him getting close to a game before and completely stitched the poor lad up, playing him in a three with players he's never played with before. He might give Kenny a go against United, he's a million times better defensively than Martina and better going forward. We done it the other year in a derby too with Browning I think and he had a very good game.
As much as I like kenny I don't know If I want him to be the scapegoat for the United game, as I can't see anything but a battering.

No of course not. But I am dealing with that we have available currently. Martina could bomb forward because Lennon has the ability to track back and cover. Also they both have pace which we are sorely lacking.

We all agree we need pace right? They are two of only a small handful of players in our squad who actually possess it so use them.

Lennon is a perfectly fine player anyway. He is no worse than Mirallas for example. High praise I know...

You could replace Kenny with Martina, Kenny can throw a cross in too and is more of an all rounder but either way whoever plays there needs some protection which Lennon can provide.

I agree with you entirely. Our biggest problem hasn't been who our right back is, its been that whoever it is has had nothing in the way of support. Spurs targeted us on that side, it was their first option on the majority of occasions. I 'think' it was Rooney out wide right in the first half, but he spent all his time in the middle of the park, where everybody else was. Martina was left wide open far too often. He often had to choose between two players to mark.

Martina isn't the quality that we require, I think we all know that, but he is the quality we currently have, so we need to help him where we can. We need to have players capable of offering his some sort or protection and support. I think you right that Lennon probably offers more of that than others at the moment.

I agree with you entirely. Our biggest problem hasn't been who our right back is, its been that whoever it is has had nothing in the way of support. Spurs targeted us on that side, it was their first option on the majority of occasions. I 'think' it was Rooney out wide right in the first half, but he spent all his time in the middle of the park, where everybody else was. Martina was left wide open far too often. He often had to choose between two players to mark.

Martina isn't the quality that we require, I think we all know that, but he is the quality we currently have, so we need to help him where we can. We need to have players capable of offering his some sort or protection and support. I think you right that Lennon probably offers more of that than others at the moment.

I agree too - even last night, Vlasic looked like a good little player but he didn't cover defensively very well (first-half especially), and should have done much better for their second goal.

You just know that Koeman is going to throw Kenny in at OT and he will get destroyed by Martial and never seen again. It's the Koeman way.

I would not like to put an inexperienced youngster into our team at present .
I would prefer to wait until the manager finds a formation that works and confidence in the team increases.

Status
Not open for further replies.