Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally hope he gets given a proper chance. One thing you can guarantee is that he’ll do what he can to make the position his and make the fans proud. It’s no small thing to me having a local lad in the team, call me sentimental but I miss the days when that was most of the team. Depresses me a bit when we send out a team to the derby without anyone in the team that really gets it.

Personally hope he gets given a proper chance. One thing you can guarantee is that he’ll do what he can to make the position his and make the fans proud. It’s no small thing to me having a local lad in the team, call me sentimental but I miss the days when that was most of the team. Depresses me a bit when we send out a team to the derby without anyone in the team that really gets it.

Agreed.

Didnt think he did much wrong when he got games as well.

Kenny has the number 2 shirt because nobody else had it, that is all. Its just a number it does not stop him being sold or us bringing someone in nor does it make him the first choice RB.

What is wrong with some of you?

Football playground mentality, first few picked decent enough the latter picked are right whoppers for one reason or other. Number 2 implies a degree of decency. Which of course Jonjoe certainly is. Just imagine being the 19th picked out 20 playground football line up... Pffft.

For games we're expected to be on the back foot I'd start Coleman all day long. For games like West Brom/Brighton at home, Kenny gets the nod to show what he's got. He's almost certainly going to add more going forward. Will make us more balanced in games we're due to dominate.

I think Kenny right now is plan B for RB. We are pursuing a RB, mostly loan with option to buy, and I'd we get one he will be shipped out. He's being held in right now in case we don't get a RB deal, then he will be the 2nd RB behind Coleman with the option to take the job

He can't be worse than Coleman, He's completely washed he can't do it anymore 90 mins up and down, Kenny has room to grow at least. Kenny ain't great defensively but probably just have to hope he can adapt quicker.

Based on what I watched in Germany he's very good defensively and quite poor offensively, which was the opposite of what he was.

He lacks pace and loses his man that's my concern with JJK. I hope the loan has helped him because he does have good traits going forward. I would have preferred we would have brought another right back in but we shall see at the end of the window.

I think he is a 7/10 player. He will do a job he'll not be as good as Coleman was 2013-2016 but he is certainly better than Coleman is now. My personal opinion is he's better defensively than he is going forward so if Ancelloti continues with the right back tucking in policy we may be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.