Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nkounkou he looks a class act could he not be tried at Right back or maybe alongside a centre half as he has the height & athleticism imo .....
ok he's left-footed but nowadays players can play anywhere if good enough ......

From the sound bites coming out he is going with Coleman and Digne as first choice and Kenny and Nkounkou as back up. If this is the case I can imagine Kenny being first choice by end of the season then its decide whether he's good enough to be long term first choice with either Coleman or John as back up or do we still need a new first choice.
Honestly believe ,(at this point at least),that if Kenny occupies the berth ahead of Coleman we will get sick of being ripped apart down the right. This happened regularly to him at Schalke and our league is faster.
I wish it weren’t so,

Honestly believe ,(at this point at least),that if Kenny occupies the berth ahead of Coleman we will get sick of being ripped apart down the right. This happened regularly to him at Schalke and our league is faster.
I wish it weren’t so,

I personally think he's alright defensively I just don't think he's good enough going forward. We'll find out soon enough.

I wish it weren’t so,

Really hope we aint stuck with the lad.

Seems a nice bloke but just not good enough.

Arias would be a big upgrade.

You're looking at things through Emerson tinted glasses im afraid mate.

Arias is the lad Carlo wants - just a question of if Brands will lower his daft asking price for Kenny and we can get him out the door ;)

I really dont think Ancelotti wants Arias.

Hes probably a level above Kenny but not a big difference as you think.

A loan ok...not a purchase. Madness

He did not give Kenny the no. 2 shirt so that he could sell or loan him.

I said in a post on this thread some days ago that CA talks a lot about character and personality in a player. Kenny has plenty of both and I think he may be seen as a long term solution at right back.

I think that last Saturday after Holgate went off and Kenny switched to centre back and showed composure and leadership there I think that will have impressed the manager.

Anyone who has played FB at any level would probably agree with me that you're only as good as the man detailed to play in front of you (that was always my excuse anyway after another s**t performance lol) . Getting repeatedly exposed because that player offers no defensive support makes it impossible to look even half decent. Watch out for Davies at wide right on Sunday whether its Coleman or Kenny at RB.

He did not give Kenny the no. 2 shirt so that he could sell or loan him.

I said in a post on this thread some days ago that CA talks a lot about character and personality in a player. Kenny has plenty of both and I think he may be seen as a long term solution at right back.

I think that last Saturday after Holgate went off and Kenny switched to centre back and showed composure and leadership there I think that will have impressed the manager.

Fair comments.

No one can fault his leadership, commitment or personality. Also a local boy and had been brilliant for England u21s when i watched him...also the levels below that.

If we stick to the RB moving centrally to make a 3 with the ball + Digne bombing forward then he or Coleman would be fine i think.

However, he wont be the type to attack on the right without cover as he doesnt have the athleticism or speed to get back.

We would need Tomori as very least in the backline if we want to play anything other than a deep defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.