Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like him to move on, not cause I dislike the lad, but because he’s probably not going to make it here, and I like to see Blues do well to be honest.

He could easily be a lower end Prem player. Schalke fans loved him, so maybe a continental move could do him.

If he forces his way into the side, then great, but hasn’t really impressed me TOO much.

Im not his biggest fan, but if he sticks around I'm more than willing to support the lad fully.
I would love to be proved wrong on this lad , a scouser and an Evertonian.
But nothing I have seen either for us or Schalke suggests he is good enough for where we aspire to be
Hard not to think back and compare to the way Coleman seized his chance at the start of his career , the energy and skill he showed had us shouting for him to be played.
Something that is conspicuously absent in Kenny’s case.
Still, like I say, maybe he can prove me wrong , but I doubt it .

I would love to be proved wrong on this lad , a scouser and an Evertonian.
But nothing I have seen either for us or Schalke suggests he is good enough for where we aspire to be
Hard not to think back and compare to the way Coleman seized his chance at the start of his career , the energy and skill he showed had us shouting for him to be played.
Something that is conspicuously absent in Kenny’s case.
Still, like I say, maybe he can prove me wrong , but I doubt it .
But Coleman only came good after his Blackpool loan ,may be JJK will do the same .I am in the same boat in that I love to see a local lad do well with us .Just as I have hoped Tom Davies would make the grade .

But Coleman only came good after his Blackpool loan ,may be JJK will do the same .I am in the same boat in that I love to see a local lad do well with us .Just as I have hoped Tom Davies would make the grade .
Coleman looked exciting before the Blackpool loan. He could have played for us without a loan.
JJK has played one game since coming back and he scored. I think we’re keeping him this season.

I’d like him to move on, not cause I dislike the lad, but because he’s probably not going to make it here, and I like to see Blues do well to be honest.

He could easily be a lower end Prem player. Schalke fans loved him, so maybe a continental move could do him.

If he forces his way into the side, then great, but hasn’t really impressed me TOO much.

For me better than the likes of Jeffers but looks like might be going back out on loan but think that will only happen if we support out the RB side.

Be nice if we could find another Gary Stevens.

....terrific attitude but is another defender who has no powers of recovery. When the ball is behind him, he’s out of the game and you’ll often see him ambling back in no-man’s-land.

Too many of our defenders have similar athleticism, it’s a situation that needs to be addressed if we are to progress.

I agree. I can think of seldom few who I really want to prove me wrong more than this guy. I really want him to be amazing, I think most fans feel the same.

I think most fans deep down doubt he will though.

He is still a young player who can continue to improve. He is more than adequate as cover and may even prove to be better than that.
Why not give him the season at the club to show what he can do ?
We know he impressed sufficiently at Schalke for them to want to keep him.

From the sound bites coming out he is going with Coleman and Digne as first choice and Kenny and Nkounkou as back up. If this is the case I can imagine Kenny being first choice by end of the season then its decide whether he's good enough to be long term first choice with either Coleman or John as back up or do we still need a new first choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.