2018/19 Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
No more than a modern day Tony Hibbert atm, solid and steady but not good enough if we want to improve. A loan where he plays week in week out is needed to see if he can push on
TonyHibbert was good in one half of the field, defending, attacking Tony was less than average, Jonjoe has a few things he can improve on and the more he plays the more he will improve, not a lot wrong with his centres, when he gets another chance he will be playing in a better team for the first time.

It'd be ridiculous to sell or loan out Kenny. He is a very able player. TBH, as much as I admire Coleman I'd get shut of him and buy a starting RB and keep Kenny as his understudy.

Bizarre if he leaves. Also if Dowell was sold. It makes no sense if Brands is being truthful in what he says is his method of operating.

LOL

JJK getting a full season playing time is the best outcome.

For me there are lots of question marks, with Coleman there arent any.

Hopefully he kicks on.

LOL

Hopefully he kicks on.
Coleman is finished. He cant progress and is in decline.

We all admire him and like him. However, the club's progress is more important than sentiment.

Seamus' basic move now is to get to the deadball line and cut it back to a zone between the six and eighteen yard box. It's completely predictable. And he cant cross a ball above chest height. As a defender he reacts to things and struggles to get into position when we're facing a counter attack. His only saving grace these days is his attitude: he hates losing, he has a lot to say on the pitch, and he says exactly the right things off it. But it's not enough.

If we could sell him for a few million and invest that toward a RB like Aarons at Norwich it'd be great business. Aarons + Kenny competing for that slot would be the way to go.

LOL

Hopefully he kicks on.
No question marks about Seamus, hard to dislike Seamus the man, but didn’t you see the Crystal Palace and Burnley games, crossing the ball he was very poor to say the least, and that was just the attacking part, a few question marks I would say, and it happens in a lot of games if I’m being honest.

Who is Burnley's regular RB? Will he even get that much more game time than he is here?
I think his main competition would be Matt Lowton and Kenny should be more than able to compete for a starting spot.

Don't think they want to rely on Phil Bardsley anymore

Coleman is finished. He cant progress and is in decline.

We all admire him and like him. However, the club's progress is more important than sentiment.

Seamus' basic move now is to get to the deadball line and cut it back to a zone between the six and eighteen yard box. It's completely predictable. And he cant cross a ball above chest height. As a defender he reacts to things and struggles to get into position when we're facing a counter attack. His only saving grace these days is his attitude: he hates losing, he has a lot to say on the pitch, and he says exactly the right things off it. But it's not enough.

If we could sell him for a few million and invest that toward a RB like Aarons at Norwich it'd be great business. Aarons + Kenny competing for that slot would be the way to go.

Aarons will be staying at Norwich, but I suspect, based on most of the rumours we will be getting in another RB, no issue with that, Coleman, as every other player in the squad needs pushing for his place.

I would be much happier knowing we had Coleman to step in rather than JJK, who personally im not a massive fan of at all.

Best thing for him at this point is to play every week and hopefully he wont be doing that here next season, hopefully neither will Coleman and I say that as a fan of the boy Coleman. I mean hopefully the RB in the next few months is better than them both.

In an ideal world we buy a Right hand side Digne, JJK utterly smashes it at Burnley or somewhere and he comes in and takes over from Coleman in pushing th new fella for a spot.
No question marks about Seamus, hard to dislike Seamus the man, but didn’t you see the Crystal Palace and Burnley games, crossing the ball he was very poor to say the least, and that was just the attacking part, a few question marks I would say, and it happens in a lot of games if I’m being honest.

There are no question marks on Colemans crossing, he cant do it, surely everybody has seen that over the last 10 or so years.

Danger with loaning not selling is he could end up another Galloway/Garbutt. I think if they buy a new right back they have to sell either Coleman or Kenny. I would personally keep Kenny as I think he is not far behind Coleman overall and with scope to improve. However there is also Holgate if they decide he is a better bet at right back maybe sell both Coleman and Kenny. I think in an ideal world l Ioaning Kenny to improve him would be good but history tell me these moves seldom work and currently his stock is reasonably high.

It'd be ridiculous to sell or loan out Kenny. He is a very able player. TBH, as much as I admire Coleman I'd get shut of him and buy a starting RB and keep Kenny as his understudy.

Bizarre if he leaves. Also if Dowell was sold. It makes no sense if Brands is being truthful in what he says is his method of operating.
Thing is we could keep him and do what we did with Lookman, basically nothing. If we're going to.keep these players we need to develop them ourselves.

Just sell him with an option to buy back or first refusal. He's nowhere near good enough.

JJK on a year long loan to a Premier league club makes the most sense to me IF we are signing a new RB to push / takeover from Coleman.I don't see the point of him going to a Championship club at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.