2018/19 Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have slightly loftier ambitions than WBA. I don't doubt he could make a decent defensive full back, but the full back role has moved on from the Hibbert and even Gary Neville style full back and is now primarily an attacking role. You only have to look at the mob across the park, or our own Lucas Digne to see that. It's like trying to compare Lescott and Baines. I'm sure Lescott could do a job at full back in his day, but he wasn't a left back and certainly wasn't in the class of Baines.

I'm sure Holgate could 'do a job', but we've got to aim higher than having backups that could simply do a job towards people who can genuinely come in and offer a similar performance to those they're replacing.

To be fair to Lescott remember that season he scored something like 13 from left back and Baines couldn't get a game. Strange times.

To be fair to Lescott remember that season he scored something like 13 from left back and Baines couldn't get a game. Strange times.

For sure, he was a cracking player and fitted the way Moyes wanted to play, but we want slightly different things from our full backs now, so having a centre back filling in there doesn't really do it.

Has to be a risk it'd be a Lookman mkII. Young lad doing well in Germany, then coming back to Everton and not getting a look in. From a players perspective, getting regular game time in Bundesliga is great (for them), but for Everton? It's sadly hard to see how he fits here, especially as we don't have European games to worry about, and Coleman generally has a decent fitness record so doesn't rest that often. What good would it do him to stay here and play a handful of games?

Going to the Bundesliga could be the making of young Kenny. Higher standard of football than a Championship loan, different culture and language etc.
Of course he could want stay there after a successful loan, but maybe being a boyhood Blue would make him still want to return here.
What ever happens, I always like to see our youth players have good careers. Even if it is with a different club.

Has been in and around the first team for a couple of seasons now and whether we think you think he’s going to make it or not he’s still shown more than enough talent to continue developing him. He now needs regular games, id love to loan him out to another Premier League side if we could get a club who will play him.

Ideally we also sign a top class RB to fight for a starting place with Coleman.
Jonjoe has played under Koeman, Allardyce and Silva, he’s never had a sustained run in the team by any of them,not because he isn’t good enough,because in my opinion he is, but because none of them have believed in him, if one of them had faith in him he would have progressed, he’s been in and out of the team, dropped without good reason and if he’s not pissed off he should be, going forward he pick out his men better than Seamus and his defending is as good as well, I love Seamus but let’s be honest last season he had some very poor games amongst the good ones but was never dropped, Jonjoe should have been treated the same way but he wasn’t. Not up to standard, say some of you, I beg to differ, give him a decent run in the team and he’ll prove it, over to you Mr. Silva.

Kenny has had plenty of chances to stake a claim, particularly during Coleman’s long enforced absence and while he has generally performed well overall, he never impressed enough to displace a fit again Seamus,
It is not surprising Coleman has taken time to recover his full form and fitness, but a fully fit Coleman brings a dynamism to the team that Kenny , thus far, simply doesn’t.
When Coleman got his chance he seized it to such an extent that we were audibly demanding his presence on the pitch, Kenny just hasn’t made the same impression,
He is a good player and I hope he succeeds but , on current evidence, his time has not yet arrived.

Un-kin-real.

Who's making these decisions down there at that club?

Two dropped bollocks in one day.

"I know, let's keep someone who cant stay fit in his mid-30s and get shut of a 22 year old promising player."

Status
Not open for further replies.