2019/20 Jonas Lossl

Status
Not open for further replies.

So we're only paying 1 goalie to do nothing and, if I'm not wrong, Stek's contract is up this summer too.
But we were only paying one goalie to do nothing in the first place. For some reason we decided to double that in the summer, and now that we’ve gone back to where we were people want to spin it like we’ve done well.

I feel like sometimes I give brands too much stick because I don’t actually think he’s doing a bad job, it’s just crazy how some people appear to be brainwashed into thinking he can do no wrong.

I suspect that Carlo and his staff didn't believe that Lossl wasn't fulfilling the role of challenging and pushing Pickford, so he's been allowed to go back and play.

If he's not actually forcing Pickford to improve by challenging for a place in the starting XI, I really don't understand the size of fuss that some people are making.

On the other hand, I really do not like the fact that we may need to rely on Stekelenburg, but I suspect (err... hope) that they've balanced that risk.

I think it shows how much we are trying to trim the wage bill.
He was signed on a free which often means a slightly inflated wage.
If we need him through injury we can probably recall him.

Lossl was a free transfer in summer and at least seems to want to play football to get into Danish team for euros ;-) Hopefully his wages are covered by loan fee and/or % of wages paid :) We've Pickford, Stekelenburg and Virginia at club so at least by Lossl off wages thats probably 25 grand x 4 weeks per month so until end May its 400,000 less on wage bill

he has a three year contract so unless they buy him at the end of the season he will be back, interesting the comments from there fans who are all made up he has come back , never really took much notice of him myself but they seem to think he is decent.

I really wanted to see him given a chance, I don't care what he did at Huddersfield I only judge what they do for us and to not even be given a chance while Pickford makes mistake after mistake is pretty annoying tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.